Some birds from the Cafe BBQ

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RKnecht, Jun 2, 2007.

1. at Jim's house today. First let me say that Jim has a really nice front porch to shoot from. He also seems to be able to attract a large variety of birds. He was gracious enough to allow me to shoot with his 500P/F4 and 1.6TC all day. The combo definitely takes some getting used to. This was my first time using it. All shots were taken with my D2x and Jim's 500P/1.6TC combo. As always, all C&C welcomed.....good or bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a bird, but one of Jim's infamous "furry tailed tree rats"...

[​IMG]

And a 100% crop of the above shot....

[​IMG]

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I would love to have been there! Half the fun is always the company you are with.

Looks like a very sharp lens!

3. Rich,

These are great!! Looks like the 500P is definitely going to be in your future. I have similar images, but they really don't compare. I need longer glass before the eagles return to Conowingo. Your bluebird is awesome, but the 100% crop of the 'tree rat' takes the prize!! Wow!! Looks like you're getting the hang of that D2X!!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good images
    Glad you all had a great time:>)))

5. I'm surprised that the red-bellied came out as often as he did with all the people on the porch. And I'm glad the bluebird decided to come back home yesterday!

I'm glad you liked the lens. I call it my poor man's 800! :rolleyes: :biggrin: