Some Birds from today 5 photos

I got out today mid morning for some shots. I must say the new D200 and 300f4 Rig realy works well together. These are all right out of the camera with some small levels adj. and croping.

I think these first two are Night Hearings:confused:

A couple Ducks

And finaly bonus shot Wild Pheasant

Very nice results Troy. The D200 and the 300 f4 are both very fine pieces of gear. They obviously work well together. :smile:

Gary thanks for looking. as I mentioned in the post these are right out of the camera no PP or shapening. So there is room for improvement.

Great shots. I'm almost there....a few weeks away from a D200!!

I'm wondering if a little hit on the shadows/highlight adjustment might make that Canvasback "sing". Not really meaning to be a critique but just a thought.

Thomas let say the step up to a D200 is alot of fun. for me the ease of function control i.e. the metering, AF and other controls right on the body make it so much easier for some one like myself that would tend to not use the menue to change these on the D70s. Also the MB200 is a nice feature.
As for shadow/highlight adj I will look at it. PP is something I realy need to impove on.

Very nice images
That is a great lens as is that camera

First is a Black Crownd Night Heron

Nice work for all, but what a stunning bird is that pheasant. Those things are in Florida?

M

midi

I like the Black Crowned Night Heron very much.

Question..
Does anyone know if they live in the UK too?

Nice work for all, but what a stunning bird is that pheasant. Those things are in Florida?

Thanks for looking. As for a Pheasant in florida, I'm not sure although quite possible. The Pheasant is not a native bird to North America if I'm not mistaken they were brought over by the Chinise in maybe the 1800s

Troy, I agree your rig is working great for you and you are getting some great shots. Also, you seem much more motivated in getting out there often, which is really what it's all about - having fun and practicing!

Your exif data shows you have your in-camera saturation on high. The one little thing you might want to experiment with is trying it more neutral ... that way you can have more control over it in PP. While I think most of your shots are eye-popping colorful in a good way, there might be times, like on image #3, where having it toned down a little might garner better detail/and or look more realistic. Anyway, there are many ways to approach a technique, just thought it might be something to consider. :smile:

Wow, what a nice catch on that Pheasant! Very nice angle too (low). Keep up the good work.

Troy, I agree your rig is working great for you and you are getting some great shots. Also, you seem much more motivated in getting out there often, which is really what it's all about - having fun and practicing!

Your exif data shows you have your in-camera saturation on high. The one little thing you might want to experiment with is trying it more neutral ... that way you can have more control over it in PP. While I think most of your shots are eye-popping colorful in a good way, there might be times, like on image #3, where having it toned down a little might garner better detail/and or look more realistic. Anyway, there are many ways to approach a technique, just thought it might be something to consider.

Wow, what a nice catch on that Pheasant! Very nice angle too (low). Keep up the good work.
March 23rd, 2007 05:35 PM

Miko thanks for the input. Yes I am realy enjoying the new camera witch is motovating me to get out and shoot more.
As for the PP That is definetly my week point. I actualy start a six week photo class on tuesday. Hope to gain some great experienc.

Wonderful shots! I really need to add a BCNH to my portfolio...
Gonzo thanks for looking the GBNH was a pleasant surprise.

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful combination on camera and lens too!
Thanks Diane it has been a lot of fun.

Troy, great shots of the Black Crowned Night Heron. He's a young one. When fully adult in breeding, their legs get VERY bright yellow/orange.
Great series!

Latest threads

Top Bottom