Some Blue and Red Heads

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PEPPER PETE, May 11, 2005.

1. Blue Jay, and Wood Peckers in and around the homested.
    Pete

21797336-L.
    21797339-L.
    20282681-L.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pete,

These are nice pics, but those don't look at all like the blue jays that we have here. Ours have a crest and are more evenly colored. Must be a variation of the species.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Pics.

Curious as to what the bird is with the blue.

Bet Janet knows :>)))

4. Good goin' Pete!! I really like your last shot. Well done!! :D :D :D :D

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I'm thinking a male "scrub jay" My book only shows a female but the markings are the same.

6. Thanks Frank, Gale, Bryan,and Greg. Greg, it is a "Scrub Jay" one of the speices of Blue Jays. Very common here is So. Calif.
    Pete

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    We have a Scrub Jay in Florida, however he is very light blue, and very friendly. Will come down and eat out of your hand. There are not many left.

On the endangered list.

8. Nice shots Pete!

I bet they weren't easy. Those guys look pretty active. Thanks for sharing.

9. Nice stuff, Pete. We are starting to see some Scrub Jays up here in Washington, apparently they are finding the price of real estate to be a better value up here :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to attract some wood peckers to our back yard. Got some European Starlings the other day, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

10. Thanks Dennis and Bill

11. Hi Gale, The Jays we have near where I live are not that friendly. They chase other birds and are noisey.
    Pete

12. Hi Pete,

Beautiful pictures of a «scrub jay». Now I can ID if I saw one. Thanks for sharing.

13. Thanks DaoDang, Up your way you have many species of birds I wish I had here.
    Pete

14. Love your images, keep them coming.

15. Hi Pete

Nice scrub jay, great job!!

We dont have them around here, just the bluejays which I seem to only catch in the winter time...........here is a shot I caught earlier in the year, they are sure shy birds!

original.

16. Great shot Keith. Same family with a few differences such as the top notch. I think the species you got a pic. of is a smaller bird and probably is a little shy.
    Pete

17. Thanks Gordon, I'm going on field trip in the morn (Sat. 14th) to Santa Barbara Calif. it's about 50- miles noth of where I live now and hope to get some pics. I can post after I get back.
    Pete