Some Blue and Red Heads

Blue Jay, and Wood Peckers in and around the homested.
Pete

21797336-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

21797339-L.jpg

20282681-L.jpg

Pete,

These are nice pics, but those don't look at all like the blue jays that we have here. Ours have a crest and are more evenly colored. Must be a variation of the species.

Beautiful Pics.

Curious as to what the bird is with the blue.

Bet Janet knows :>)))

We have a Scrub Jay in Florida, however he is very light blue, and very friendly. Will come down and eat out of your hand. There are not many left.

On the endangered list.

Nice stuff, Pete. We are starting to see some Scrub Jays up here in Washington, apparently they are finding the price of real estate to be a better value up here :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to attract some wood peckers to our back yard. Got some European Starlings the other day, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Retief said:
Nice stuff, Pete. We are starting to see some Scrub Jays up here in Washington, apparently they are finding the price of real estate to be a better value up here :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to attract some wood peckers to our back yard. Got some European Starlings the other day, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Nikam said:
Nice shots Pete!

I bet they weren't easy. Those guys look pretty active. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dennis and Bill

Gale said:
We have a Scrub Jay in Florida, however he is very light blue, and very friendly. Will come down and eat out of your hand. There are not many left.

On the endangered list.
Hi Gale, The Jays we have near where I live are not that friendly. They chase other birds and are noisey.
Pete

Hi Pete

Nice scrub jay, great job!!

We dont have them around here, just the bluejays which I seem to only catch in the winter time...........here is a shot I caught earlier in the year, they are sure shy birds!

original.gif

Great shot Keith. Same family with a few differences such as the top notch. I think the species you got a pic. of is a smaller bird and probably is a little shy.
Pete

greyflash said:
Love your images, keep them coming.
Thanks Gordon, I'm going on field trip in the morn (Sat. 14th) to Santa Barbara Calif. it's about 50- miles noth of where I live now and hope to get some pics. I can post after I get back.
Pete

Latest threads

Top Bottom