1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Cafe friends in Bay Area

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil K, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Today I had a wonderful lunch with several Cafe friends. Without the forum, I can't image I can meet so many nice people in different parts of the world. I love the Cafe and my fellow members.

The famous Uncle Frank
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

Philippe
    original.jpg

original.jpg

And Kurt
    original.jpg

2. Neat--in B&W Uncle Franks beard looks less gray, Philippe's all gray, and Kurts looks more impressive than it ought to be!

May the force be with all of you!

3. phil....
    looks like a wonderful time
    great shots

would like to hear more about the meeting

4. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    *waving Hi to everyone*

5. Thank you Nick. May the force be with you too.

Thank you Greg. I am in Bay Area is these few days and am so glad that I can meet our dear friends here. The lunch was great and we talked about lots of things, from photography to families.

Hi Linda. Meeting Cafe friends is always very exciting.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    That Kurt guy get's around! I hope to meet some of ya'll soon.

7. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. The second one (Frank holding a portrait of you, turning the image into a self-portrait) is pretty cool!

It was indeed a great time. I am glad we had the chance to meet and am sorry that I had to leave early. Have fun out here!

9. thanks, phil
    i appreciate your reply
    sounds like a wonderful time

10. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    I don't mess around Seneca. They actually just photoshop me in various places. Like "flat Stanley," have you heard of that? That 's me!!

I call that Friendly fire!! I'll post some shots in the thread Frank linked to above.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. Thank you Seneca. It's always great to meet Cafe friends and I hope I can meet you soon.

Frank, I love that lens and since I left it at home, I had to borrow yours for a while. :biggrin:

Thank you Philippe. It's really great to meet you.

I've seen the photos. They're really nice and once again, what a pleasure meeting you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Good times, this is fun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.