Some Cafe Members....;-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flew, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yesterday and this morning, I had the rare honor to shoot with three other Cafe members. About the only one that didn't show up (that I expected at least....;-)) was Patrick.

I got a shot or two of each. Here they are for your enjoyment and entertainment.... :lol:

Brandon (Bubba):
    [​IMG]

Chris (cmpalmer). This one was shot from waaaay across the duck pond:
    [​IMG]

Greg Giesing. Also shot across the pond:
    [​IMG]

And if this one doesn't ruin your day (if not make you lose your lunch.... 8) ), the old Flew himself, feeding the big fat lazy duckies:
    [​IMG]

Frank

2. What a fine looking group of gentlemen and so well photographed too. Frank, I think you should open a studio and use these for your portfolio.

3. Well done Frank. :D :D :D :D

4. It's so interesting to see the real people behind the tag lines. Makes the Cafe more fun to visit and hang out.

Thanks

5. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Great to see the folks on the forum, Frank. Thanks for posting those. Bet you all had a great time and got tons of pictures.. They all must live around there. Lucky you!

Keep them coming and thanks!

Gaye

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great set of photos and foks.

Thanks for sharing :>))

7. Scary, that last photo is the stuff nightmares are made of! :lol:

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris,

I'm glad to see that you've gotten your (sick....;-)) sense of humor back.... 8)

Thanks pal,

Frank

9. Frank, that is your best side, correct :?: :?: :?:

Do we now have confirmation about this "duck fetish" you seem to have?

Dem udder pholkss luucks lack fotgraphicals too meee.... :wink:, did I get the regional accent right? (ouch)

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beee-yulll,

We-un's doesn't tawk lak theat doyun heayah..... :lol:

Yes, that is my best side.

Yes, this clearly shows my duckie fetish. 8)

Frank

11. Regional accenst don't translate well in postings, when I do them so poorly, but it sure is fun to try :wink:

We have to quit meeting like (lak) this.....

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Neat to see others' faces, Frank,

but what's that white thing hanging off your tripod? And, did your tripod come with those padded legs?

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Neat to see others' faces, Frank,

Steve,

That is my birdie feed bag. I carry bread and cat food in it. The birds love the cat food, and I'm sure that it is better for them than the tons of stale bread that they normally get fed. OTOH, some of them still prefer the bread, so I take some of it too.

The padded legs came from B&H, and they are pretty much a rip-off (not B&H's fault). They are just foam pipe insulation with three knit socks. Cost $27. :? They do help carry the pod with all of the heavy equipment on it.

I'm still pondering the lens. Will let you know in the few hours.

Thanks,

Frank

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    So you lure them in close? Good idea!

So, 27 bucks for some foam and a sock covering, eh? Sounds like something I need too ;) thnx.

15. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shots, Frank. Nice to see some of the folks I've heard about. That last shot, however,...sheesh! ;)

I guess I've become desensitized since I see the real thing multiple times daily HAHAHA

16. Frank, it's nice that you give us a chance to link names to faces, and well done as well.
    The guys striding over the lawn rather remind me of golf players than photogs :lol:

17. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, btw, you were trying to run off about 99.9% of the folks from this place with that first shot!

18. Great to put some faces (and shapes) to the names!! *LOL* Looks like a motley bunch to me. *LOL*
    Thanks for the idea for the tripod legs - shd be easy enough to rig up. Add it to the project list.
    Cheers, Sandi

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sandi,

I agree that the others are pretty motley.... :lol:

On the tripod leg pads, a trip to Home Depot should get a nice set for about $5. :?

Frank