Some car shots...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Jim Strathearn, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Took these on a fire company race track upstate NY:

I need to clone out that piece of junk at the left... My nephew just purchased this '95 ZR1. The car has 1,500 original miles on the clock, has never seen rain, has never been driven at night, etc. He was the first to pull up the headlights and parking brake! He also gave the car its first oil change! I guess there still are neat cars in barns out there...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My youngest nephew...
    [​IMG]

2. Hi Jim... a 95 with 1500 miles! What a find, I'll bet your nephew has a grin ear to ear everytime he thinks about it. The pics look good, but I get a little distracted by the goal post in the backround.

3. Thanks Gary. I was hoping that the platform at the beginning of the track would give it that "track" look. That's what I get for thinking... :rolleyes: 

We took the Z out and beat it a little. It's definitely a beast... And yes, my nephew is still grinning! He's actually followed this car's progress for several years. A collector originally purchased it and sat on it. The second owner purchased the car with 13 miles on it a few years ago. He slowly started driving it so the seals wouldn't dry up, which was a good thing. He then tried selling it on eBay a couple of times but the financing fell though each time. My nephew watched those auctions, etc. which is how he got the owner's info. Eventually, one thing led to another and they hooked up and he purchased the car. I didn't know this but FedEx has a collector car division and he had the car delivered through them. They covered everything they touched with plastic, the driver wore gloves to move the car and also used a towel when opening doors, etc. He was impressed with the service.

BTW, if you look closely, you'll see rain drops on all these cars. His car got wet for the first time that day! (It's never even been washed with water...)

Thanks for looking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.