Some Classic Car Photos

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MiriamJ, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Here are some of my favorite pictures from my gallery. I hope you enjoy them. Any comments appreciated.
    original.
    original.
    I wish I had used a smaller aperture on this next one. Too much of it is out of focus.
    original.
    View attachment 20863
    Thanks for looking.:smile:
    Nuts! I see pbase is intermittent. Sometimes I can the photos in preview and sometimes not. I hope you can see them.

2. I can see them Miriam...I say you did a wonderful job here with these cars. The exposure is right on according to my monitor and the colors, contrast and sharpness are excellent.

Thanks for sharing,

3. Miriam, I love the way you have isolated parts of the cars. Well saturated and sharp images all. Good job.

4. Thanks very much Melissa and Gordon. Your kind comments are very much appreciated!

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    These are some terrific pictures. I also saw your gallery and love it. The way you depict your subjects is quite unique. You got a good eye for shape, color and light which makes some interesting compositions. Keep posting.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Absolutely beautiful, Miriam...each one is beautiful. I like the tight crops and the angles in which they were shot.

7. Heiko and Frank, You're both very generous. Thank you.

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I agree with everyone else. I like them very much .
    More than just car shots , they have a artistic flare to them , good compositions , strong colors .They have impact.

9. Wow! You've got a great eye! Very nice shots, Miriam!

10. Beautiful photos. Great angles, nice colors, they are really good.

11. Biggs, Kevin and Phil, Wow! I really appreciate your comments! Thank you very much!

12. Nice car shots, Miriam. I've always liked car parts. Your exposure and sharpness is perfect. It reminds me of some of the shots robgbob used to do. (That's a good thing)
    That reminds me You have so many fine photos that used to be up on pbase. Are you ever going to consider reposting any of them?
    Just wondering.

13. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice work, you have a great eye for photographing cars.

14. Thanks, Doug, that is a compliment. Rob did do great work.

Regarding the website: Quite honestly I was trying to improve the site by cutting it down to a smaller amount of what I thought were the better photos instead of having page after page of ones that were not quite up to what I wanted.

Hmmm. . . I take it I went too far? I did remove a lot of the pictures that I liked in favor of those I liked better. I might not be a good judge of my own photos. What do you think?

15. Thanks very much, Dave. :)

16. Miriam, only you can decide what you want on your site. If your site is ultimately for commercial potential or at the other end of the continuum, a scrapbook of your life.
    I have over 2100 pics posted. They are not all wall hangers (by a long shot) but they do reflect my life, family and my time. I see mine as a scrapbook where my family can keep up with me. I doubt I will ever have Paypal or a Shopping Cart on my site. It's really just a matter of what the purpose of the finished product is.
    I have seen many examples of your fine work before you pillaged the population. You have a "Favorites" gallery, you could put some of the others up elsewhere.
    Just MHO.

17. I'm not going to be selling, but I am leaning more towards trying to make a good looking site than to use it as a scrapbook.

That's a good idea about putting pictures elsewhere.

Thanks, Doug for the thoughts.

18. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Really nice job with the cars, Miriam. It is so easy to take blah pics of them, but yours pique interest. Did you take any of them with the new lens?

19. Thanks, Patrick! I put the 50mm f/1.8 in my sig as I figure technically I own it, as I paid for it, but it's in transit. I'm not so patiently waiting for it to come in. In the meantime, I'm wearing a path between my computer and the front window checking for delivery trucks.

#'s 2, 3 and 4 were shot on the same day with the D70 and 18-70mm lens, but the 1st one was taken on an earlier date with the Coolpix 4500, no add-on lenses.

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Very nice :))
    Had no idea you were into cars ... good job.

I have tried a few, but eeekkk......