Some color from this weekend ...

Discussion in 'People' started by Billy Ng, May 31, 2007.

1. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    Please bear with me ... I shot 916 photos over the course of the weekend (wedding I attended) and have over 700 keepers. I'm still sorting out which ones are the best and then from that, which few I'll post online. I've processed 68 photos so far, here are some samples.

For whatever reason, I went the opposite way of my typical processing style and went with saturated look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nicktak

nicktak

Jul 30, 2006
    Wow, nice shots. Especially like the shot of the girl climbing - the perspective is really eye-catching!

The B&W shot is a bit flat, but from the looks of it the light was poor?

3. JakeB.

JakeB. Guest

Nice stuff Bill... I agree with Nick, the climbing shot has an awesome perspective.
    I actually like the treatment of the B&W shot, great addition of the grain.

I think the first shot is my favorite, for it's composition, sharpness, and saturation.

4. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    ISO 1600, F 1.4, and -1 stop Exposure compensation (pushed back up a stop in post) so I could get the 1/30th shutter speed I needed to get it at least somewhat sharp (75mm equivelent focal length ... handheld)

Not too bad considering. =)

Bill

5. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    The first shot was done with my 20mm specifically to get that perspective. Same lens is used in the treehouse shot.

That's no treatment on the B&W shot ... that's a dark ISO 1600 shot pushed in post. One of the things I like about the D200 over my previous Canons is how the noise looks after a B&W conversion (color noise looks horrible) ... its got such an old-school film-grain look that sometimes I think it just looks great. And this was one of those times.

Yeah, my wife LOVES the first shot. Trying to get the mother of the girl to see the picture now and see what she thinks.

Bill

6. I like them all but agree that the climbing shot is very special. That little girl is adorable and her expression in this shot is great. If I were her parent, I would frame that and hang it in my home.

P.S. The kid with the beer bottle is kinda funny... :biggrin:... as long as he didn't empty it... :eek: :smile:

7. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    That's my son. We were standing around the pool table for a few hours with some people we met this weekend and were putting the empty bottles down on the table. My son loves to imitate me so when I finally put an empty bottle down, he grabbed it and tried to drink from it.

8. i really like the shot of the kids in the play house, even more than the climbing shot! :)

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    All very nice Billy - I also really like the climbing image.