Some D2x images from the camargue

Hi all just back from my holiday in the Camargue here are a couple of images to start with I have 25 orso gigabytes worth to go through so you may be seeing a couple more later on in the week.

Phillip.

night-heron-d2x 800mm sigma
night-heron-d2x-001a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

flamingo d2x 800mm sigma
flamingo-003.jpg

flamingo-d2x 500mm +tc1.4e
flamingo-004-d2x.jpg

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
# 2 is absolutley priceless! I love the pattern of birds. How are you coming along with the Sigma 800 and the D2x? I have defintit problesm getitng sharp shots. The Sigma 800 worked so well with the D2H but is not very sharp with the D2X.

25 GB to go through, you must be some prolific shooter Phillip. Thanks for sharing these image. I too like image #2. I also feel that you could kick up the EV some in image #3 and perhaps even a little more contrast.

Hi Andreas I did struggle at first with the 800 I had to change my Long lens technique slightly, and just as I think I had over come my shortcomings the D2x decided to commit suicide, nikon UK have done a wonderful job reparing it and it is now the camera it should have always been.

I find my lens very sharp and able to resolve incredible detail if your lenses sharp on your d2h it will also be sharp on your D2x and I find that if I use centrepoint focusing sensor with group dynamic for flight shots set to closest focusing. It really is a revelation on how good the autofocus is I will look later what exactly the proper names for them in the manual and post it on how I have my camera set I hope this will be some help to you.

Phillip.

Hi Gordon I try to make the most of any time I get to shoot, even if I'm shooting rubbish sometimes it all goes towards the learning curve, image 3 is about how it was a big rainstorm just passed over and the sun had just enough time to shine as it dropped below the horizon I think it was about 9 or so pm I probably had five or ten minutes of this incredible light. I do have a few from other nights where the light was not so dramatic and they are much lighter.

Phillip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom