Some D2X Shots from this afternoon ... (7 Images)

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Boobie Joe, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Those are pretty much out of the box and the animal shots were done on HSC (High Speed Crop) still on single frame though.

There were reduced from the jpeg files. For some reasons, I did shoot all the images in NEF Compressed and Jpeg File Large files but the NEF files are giving me a weird green (really green) in Nikon Capture. I did not have the guts to shoot some uncompressed files with my tiny 1GB card. I will next week though.

So here are the few shots I did.

original.

original.

original.

No it's not tilted ...

original.

original.

original.

original.

Some have been taken at 400 ISO.

I did some testing at very high ISO and it is promissing, I have to shoot some more to tell you about it though. None of the shots had NR turned on BTW.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Real life normal D2X pictures?

Well, first off, congrats to you, Yves for getting a D2X! These look wonderful. I wonder what's going on with the green colors in Capture? The nefs I saved & edited didn't exibit that problem at all.

3. Re: Real life normal D2X pictures?

It is borrowed, I don't own it.

I did Dwl files too that looked perfect but mine look bad. Maybe I need to reinstall NC again ...

4. Fine looking sharp images Yves. Wish someone would loan me a D2X.

5. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Nice shots Yves. You're going to be frighteningly good when you get your own D2X!

Gordon, if someone does loan you a D2X, will you loan it to me, please? (where's the abject pleading smiley?)

Neil

6. Ya sure, in your dreams. :roll:

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Actually, I'm getting worried. I think it goes beyond dreaming into the realm of fantasy. D2X, D2X, D2X.

Neil
    /me goes has cold shower.

8. D2X appears to be a great camera. Now our sysop must create a new forum untitled Camera lust :) and a D2X buying group to negotiate with Nikon for a wholesale price

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yves,

Great images as always.

I already here griping about the D2x over there ------------>.

Well guess this puts an end to that.

They just don't get it do they. It is the great photographer behind the lens.

Hope you really enjoy yours when you get it.

Thanks for sharing.

(i will never have one)

Regards
    Gale

10. Yves, from your experience, does the D2x worth the extra $000s or should someone wait for the D100 replacement at a more reasonable (I presume) price? :?
    I am NOT a pro nor do I get a living from photography. I'm just an amateur with a huge lust syndrome :oops: and I love wildlife photography (Africa)...

11. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Thanks for posting, Yves! I can't wait to get my hands on one. But no telling when B&H will have enough to go around.

12. Tough question to answer.
    IMO, Nikon has at the moment the best DSLR. It is better than the Canon 1DsMKII in many aspects and it is less expensive and lighter. I know the D100 replacement will be a real treat but it will not be out for a while yet.

13. You mean that absurd "yawn" remark? How pompous! I especially like the squirrel shot (Yves' trademark). You can almost count each hair in its coat.

Magnificent.

Rich

14. UPDATE ON THE NEF FILES ....

I di reload the nef files and they open OK now. I suspect they were corrupted when I did transfer them in the first place.

They are working great now.

15. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Yves - alias boobie joe! - does it really matter what camera you shoot with. All your pics are always great!

stephanie