1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Desert Shots..

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Desert Rat, Aug 7, 2008.

1. They are all good but number one is intriguing... how did the rock move?

2. That is really bizarre! first time I've seen a picture or heard of that. Thanks for posting the pictures and the link.

3. Beautiful, Eric. I would love to go to Death Valley someday. I love the colors in the shadows on the second photo.

4. I have looked at all your shots from the Death Valley gallery you have. The all look really good. You posted a nice series of shots here and the b&w ones stand out the most to me. Both are stellar shots Eric. Thank you for sharing.

God Bless,
    David

5. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Great shots. I think the best ones are the B&W!

6. Thanks Terri...
    Thanks Big D....
    Thanks Sanford...
    Well Ron it is a very well known location, but not the easiest to visit...

7. Max

Max Guest

Thanks for posting that pic of the Playa...brings back memories...

8. The color of #2 is fantastic.

I could stare into #4 for hours.

Very moving pictures!

9. Great shots, love the dunes!

10. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    More great shots. I like the animal one a lot.

11. eric,
    gorgeous..... as usual

12. A great series as usual, number two is awesome, love the color. So tell us about the rocks, seems like I have heard something about them.

13. j13jjs

j13jjs

Aug 4, 2008
    Atlanta
    Wow the moving rocks thing is really bizarre, some great shots though. Could not have been very comfortable conditions for shooting. Was it a bit warm outside?

14. Very nice photos. I especially like number 1 & 2. The color in 2 is very good.
    Thanks for sharing.

15. Thanks... Nope not warm at all since these were shot in January... It was also the coldest winter they have had with the temps being in the upper 40's to mid 50's...

Thanks...
    Thanks Greg..
    Thanks Hotrod Rodney...
    Thanks Brian...
    Thanks Max...
    Thanks Bill...
    Thanks TomP.. .. Info on rocks here: http://geology.com/articles/racetrack-playa-sliding-rocks.shtml

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.