Some Everett Terns Flitting About

We will often see 1 or 2 of these flying around, but I am usually too slow and stupid to catch up with them when they get reasonably close. Well, I finally got lucky ......

_DSC2670.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC2692.jpg

_DSC2693.jpg

On this last shot, I did a touch of Velvia, do you think it helps, hinders, makes no difference at all?

_DSC2713-V.jpg

Thanks,

Mr. Ricco said:
What did cheese have to do with it and how did it help you?

Smear it on your nose to help prevent sunburn and over your eyes so when you screw up focus you have an excuse ...

Smart-A ..... :wink:

Just in case, this is a PS action that simulates the look of Velvia film, not, and I repeat NOT to be confused with anything coming from a Dairy Product. There may be a good reason they called it Velvia, as there is also Provia, and some photo history buff may be able to tell us.

Louis Champan said:
Very nice Bill. I'll have to admit these guys are tuff to shoot. I haven't really looked at those I took, but you're are great.

Louie

Thanks, Louie. After I quit screwing up the compensation they looked much better :redface: . I am still getting used to using the dial for composition that way, someday it will sink in. Until then my "mutterings" are getting lot's of practice.

Gale said:
Great shootin buddy:>)))
Keep them coming.

Thanks, Gale. I sure wish these birds would just "hang out" more. They move around so much it's tough to catch the little buggers. Not like that Big Bird YOU shot the other day .... :biggrin:

very nice terns but now no clipping[smili] I have one shot that i had just a little bit of tail feather and lots and lots of BLUE sky lol

B

bfjr

Nice set Bill
they are fast and agile birds to get in flight, well done :wink:

Nowwwwww
that i read more closely..:>)))
hush!!!!!!!!

The velvia cheese made the feathers to blue. Or, or I say.
Could just be the shot picked up the blue from sky.

However, may be the wrong image to use the velvia cheese for a reference.

Mostly land scapes you can tell the difference better.
I have used the actions and they can enhance many.

Flew said:
Nice catches Bill. :smile:

Thanks, Frank. Unlike the boardwalk at Bolsa Chica in SoCal where these buggers nearly run into your head but up here having them this close is a real treat.

Latest threads

Top Bottom