Some Experimentation

Discussion in 'People' started by LauraJohnston, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I hope these work.. I'm linking from pbase.. I'm not sure how I feel about the ones with bright blue background, but I like how the ghost and no arms came out with slow shutter. Thoughts?

tarablue.

tarao.

taraghost.

TARA.

Addie:

addie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  2. Logan

Logan Guest

Laura, you always produce such stunning work, and these are no different! These are all WoNdErFuL!!!! keep up the fantastic work!

3. I'm sorry Laura, they don't show up for me, probably because you used i.pbase.com URLs. Please have a look here.

Chris also explained here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Yea, Laura... when you paste the URL into the picture field you have to key in /original between the file name and .jpg.

You can also do it by clicking the MEDIUM size when you view it on PBase and then click the ORIGINAL and copy/paste that URL.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    No see um

The most reliable way to link a pic from pbase is to go to "Edit This Gallery", click on the "Original" link, and copy it's URL.

6. I always love your work, Laura. However numbers 3 and 4 are truly exceptional. Would you care to share how they were done?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  7. Impressive, yes. The blues seem well lit. All together a nice set. It's got that modern, young look. I knew that immediately before checking your profile.
    About the ghost: you stood in front of the camera for what ... a few seconds ... and then stepped out of frame to expose the background?

8. i replaced the links with photobucket instead. sorry about that.

the ghost photo is my friend.. so she stepped into the frame after a few seconds, yes.

9. and for the one without arms... i just had her wave her arms around and keep her body mostly still so that she'd be blurred and armless.

10. Wow, Laura, great work.
    I don't care for the blue background in the first two. The color seems to overwhelm the images. Something less dramatic would be better.

#3 and 4 are truly exceptional!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

11. JD Photography

JD Photography

Aug 4, 2006
    Boston
    wow, Laura...these are awesome

:) nice work...love the long exposure work

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    The last one is awesome Laura - your model did a great job with the pose IMO.

13. You have a unique style Laura and I always appreciate your work. The ghostly apparition is quite creative.