Some Film in a Nikon

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by John C, May 29, 2007.

1. It's been a while since I finished a roll in anything Nikon - here's some HP5+ developed fairly recently.

These were shot at 400ISO, but developed for 800ISO - the reason being some shots taken in very low light in the middle of the roll that I couldn't afford to lose.

Development was 10 mins at 20°c, 4 inversions per minute in Ilfotec DD-x 1+4.

The lens is a Vivitar Series One 28-90 f/2.8-3.5, the camera my Nikon FE.

The Tree

The Gate
    (I think the Vivitar might vignette slightly at 28mm, you know).

Y Fferm (The Farm)
  2. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Nice John. Do you have a filter that might be vignetting?
  3. No Chris, I don't use them (other than a c pol once in a blue moon). I think it's a feature of the lens - not an entirely unpleasant one, once you're expecting it :)

Here's some more - there are the reason I developed for 800ISO;

The Workshop

5532 (History here)

The light in the workshop gave me shutter speeds of between 1/15s and 1/125s in general, with the meter set for 400ISO. I put my faith in the exposure latitude of HP5+ and shot a constant 1/125s. The push in development was to lift the most underexposed shots slightly, while hopefully not affecting the properly exposed shots too badly.
  4. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Nice shots, John. I absolutely love the tones and smoothness of that last one.
  5. gotta love the FE , and Series 1 as well - used them for years and still have all that stuff from the 70s and it stands up even today
  6. Yes, tonally well done. I would have loved to view them in a bit larger size.