Some fireworks captures

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Keaka, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    New member to the forum, just sharing some pictures that i have of fireworks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Those are very beautiful and well crafted, Keaka! The exposures are perfect.

3. excellent capture, Keaka. And welcome to the Cafe.

4. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    Thanks. It was stressful fighting off all the inconsiderate people walking into my tripod setup all night to get those shots. From what little I could see out of the LCD I thought none of them would turn out so I was pleasantly surprised when I got these.

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Very well done. I'd like to offer a little advice, crop the larger areas of black sky off several of the shots, like the first, for example. It will keep your eye focused in on the subject better.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great fireworks. Good job.
    Agree with the crop. Maybe post a bit larger for us to see better.

7. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    Thanks for the input :) I'll give the crops another shot tonight when I get home. I originally had taken more of the black sky out but then the image comes out as almost a perfect square..which I didn't like. Maybe I'll enlarge them.

8. Nice shots. I think somewhere you posted your photo site and I took a look at your photos a couple days ago. I luv firework shots. And just to be sure I am not way off track here. Does your photo site have lots of pics of ferrets? If so, then I am correct. If not, then I am getting old and memory fades in and out.

Welcome to the Cafe! You will enjoy it here.

9. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    Yes, that would be me :)

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Hello,

Fireworks offer great subject material - constantly changing and keeps you on your toes to get the great shots - these are great!! How many shots did you take to get these?

11. Thanks for sharing these, they are excellent.

12. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great capture !