Some Florida wildlife up close and personal.(take a look)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Apr 28, 2005.

1. took the family to the canoe launch for a late afternoon picnic. There are these huge turtles there, also gators. We started to feed the fish, when a few turtles came up so I decided to take things into hand, so to speak. The first shot is with my 300 f4 and 1.4x, the others are with my wife's FZ2. She has problems taking in focus shots with it, and is still learning how to use it. She does ok in good light, but needs to read the screen better to see what she's shooting at.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Looks like you had fun! And the animals got to share your picnic. Is that a doughnut? :D

3. The #1 looks very frightening to me, Harris :)

4. Dao, thats my hand in the other two shots. Looked much more frightening from that vantage point. :shock:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    What the heck is that Harris? I'm absolutely sure of one thing....I'd never stick my hand that close to whatever it is.... :lol:

Frank

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Dang Harris, those turtles are Huge!

Careful of those digits mister! ;)

7. Its a soft shelled turtle. Thats the smaller one, here's the big one I saw a month or so ago. About twice the size of this one.

8. That is too cool!! :D :D :D

9. What can I say, Wow springs to mind. I think I would be a little more concerned about my fingers in this situation.