Some flowers from Maine

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by yokimbo, Oct 12, 2005.

1. These are very nice flower images Kim! Great sharpness and saturated colour. I like the DOF too.

What lens are you using for these?

Regards,
    Jonathan

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Kim

Very Beautiful.

Reminds me of my Grandpas garden in Long Island, New York when I was a child.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006
  3. Thank you both!

Jonathan, I shot them with the Nikon 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF. I love it, it's small and light, and it locks at 28 - great for storage.

Gale, glad I could arouse some good childhood memories for you. Grandparents are so much fun growing up.

4. Nice even lighting...

Very nice even lighting. I guess you can thank those cloudy Maine days. My favorite is the second one. You should try burning the background a little to dim it and then tighten the crop up a little. I think it would really make the shot pop.

Dave

5. Thanks, Dave. I'll give your suggestion a try and repost (hopefully tonight). I haven't tried the burn/dodge tool yet, but I'm kind of excited to try it.

6. nice colorful sharp flowers...

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Wonderful colours. Very nice and beautiful shots.

8. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    they are very nice.. great job..

9. Eric, Torben, and Tim,

Thanks for the nice comments, and for reviving an old post. ;) You've reminded me that I never did get around to burning the background of number 2 like Dave suggested. I may have to try it and repost.

10. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Beautiful. Nice job, Kim.

DAB