Some Flowers

I posted this originally in the Flowers/Macro gallery but it didn't do well there. I thought I'd repost here to see what you all thought. I know it is not "landscape' in the purest sense but it is worth a try. Sunday evening and yesterday evening I decided to go out and photograph some wild flowers growing in a dry irrigation ditch close to my home. I hope you enjoy them.

God Bless,
David

D1x and either a 35, 135, or 200

345429935_HbBws-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

345429660_mJP75-M.jpg

345429815_gjZiH-M.jpg

A few more can be found here

David, these are

interesting floral images. Of the three, I like the first the best. The sharpness, clarity, and color make it pop off the screen.

Since you are looking for some critique, the first might be improved by presenting a shot that eliminates the branch and dead? bud in the background. I think they compete for ones attention.

I like the gray scale conversion of the second one as it eliminates the bright yellow of the the background flower in the color version.

The third is interesting as it is different than normally presented. I might suggest a different crop, or cloning out of that bit of yellow, lower left, which draws attention from the main subject.

interesting floral images. Of the three, I like the first the best. The sharpness, clarity, and color make it pop off the screen.

Since you are looking for some critique, the first might be improved by presenting a shot that eliminates the branch and dead? bud in the background. I think they compete for ones attention.

I like the gray scale conversion of the second one as it eliminates the bright yellow of the the background flower in the color version.

The third is interesting as it is different than normally presented. I might suggest a different crop, or cloning out of that bit of yellow, lower left, which draws attention from the main subject.

Joe, thank you for the honest input and critque. It was exactly what I was looking for. It was very helpful and I plan to practice all that you have suggested. As for the third shot, I saw someone else do it last December in a magazine. I wanted to try the technique to see if it would work. I feel it did.

God Bless,
David

The first one is very nice, good colors and exposure. The one nit I have is the branch in back, my eyes immediately jump to it instead of the primary subject.

Second is nice

Third is my favorite (guess my vision is a bit odd compared to others,) I really like the effect and can see why you tried this after seeing it. It provides the most pleasing activity for my eyes. I dont mind the yellow to the side, as it helps me dart about the shot after being pulled in by the central objects.

The first one is very nice, good colors and exposure. The one nit I have is the branch in back, my eyes immediately jump to it instead of the primary subject.

Second is nice

Third is my favorite (guess my vision is a bit odd compared to others,) I really like the effect and can see why you tried this after seeing it. It provides the most pleasing activity for my eyes. I dont mind the yellow to the side, as it helps me dart about the shot after being pulled in by the central objects.

Thanks Douglas. The next time I shoot, I guess I have to find a flower that stands by itself. I'll have to look more carefully. I am glad you like the last shot. It was an experiment and one that I want to try again.

God Bless,
David

Latest threads

Top Bottom