Some from the botanical garden

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JayR, Oct 21, 2005.

1. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Here are some snaps from the botanical garden. I wanted to try out the new L-plate that I got and thought a stroll through the botanical garden will give me some opportunities to use it. This was also a chance to see some of the fall colors locally. I am happy to say that I really like the L plate. I need to visit this place with a Macro lens. I really enjoyed this visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C&C are always welcome.

2. Jay these are all very nice. It's hard to say which is my favorite. I like #3, 4 & 5 the best, I think. Especially #3 for some reason!!

3. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Thanks Kevin. I think #3 is my favorite too.

I wish I could have eliminated the reflections on the glass though. I tried to do it with a CPL but could not eliminate the reflections. At the time a straight on shot would have had my relection on the glass which forced me to shoot at an angle.

Regards,

4. Jay, do you have Katrin Eisman's Photoshop book? I seem to recall there's a section on how she removed glare from glass. Can't remember the specifics about how....channels maybe?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really good images. I like the one through the door alot.

The reflection is not bad at all. Could fix with clone tool. Use a lower opacity than 100, I usually start about 50.

6. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Thank you for your comments. I will try to remove the reflections on PSE.

Regards,

7. Jay, really good imagea. Nice use of a window as a frame in #3. About your reflection in the glass, what if the picture is composed in a way to include it. Just thinking out loud.

8. Jay, very interesting angles and themes...
    Well done :wink:

9. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Thank you all for your comments.

I actually took a picture head on with my reflection. Unfortunately I deleted it in the camera. I will definitely visit the place again for another shoot.