1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some from the Oregon Coast

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by barisaxer, Sep 8, 2008.

1. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

2. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Beatiful scenery :)  First one is great !

3. rocksgirl

rocksgirl Guest

Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing these, it's interesting to see what "other" coast look like.

4. Nice job on these. Thanks for sharing.

5. What a beautiful series. I particularly like the b&w ones. How did you convert them?

6. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    The first two are my favorite.

7. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

What great photos!! The last one is my favorite - what lens did you use?

8. barisaxer

barisaxer

Apr 6, 2006
    Albany OR
    I shoot alot in RAW + BW jpg mode. I then take the nikon JPG BW image from the D200 or D300 and do a curves tweek always dropping a bit of shadow detail go get some true blacks. It ends up like the film I used to love and is much easier. Lots of folks convert raw but I do so much BW this is easier and I do not see much difference but I only print to 17 by 24 inches so you may above this. It is nice for the speed and pretty good control. You can always open the raw if you want to mess with it from color....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.