Some from today

During my travels between some of our facilities in work I cam across these guys. All taken with the D2H and the 300 f4 and 1.4 converter

I was so surprised to see this guy sitting out in the open, I believe it is either a sharp shinned or Red tailed Hawk but I very well could be wrong
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Europeon Starling
View attachment 5834

American Robin
View attachment 18581

I found a group of these Eastern Bluebirds in some thickets this is the best shot I could manage I will be going back to get some better shots
View attachment 5835

Arrrgh! You are killing me with great shot after shot. Couldn't you slip in a blurry one here and there to make me feel better :lol:

Great job Mike. I really do look forward to your posts.

Awww geez Mike. These really are very nice. You've managed to make two comparatively common and ordinary looking birds in the Starling and Robin look like superstars.

Love the bluebird - another one (of many) on my "I want to see for real one day" list.

Neil

DavidM said:
Mike -

More great shots from you. Those bluebirds are some of my favorites -- hope you can go back and get some more shots of them.
Thanks David
They are top on my list I will get more of these if I have to camp out!

hillrg said:
Arrrgh! You are killing me with great shot after shot. Couldn't you slip in a blurry one here and there to make me feel better :lol:

Great job Mike. I really do look forward to your posts.
WOW Rory thanks, thing is I really look forward to your posts they are always first class

NeilCam said:
Awww geez Mike. These really are very nice. You've managed to make two comparatively common and ordinary looking birds in the Starling and Robin look like superstars.

Love the bluebird - another one (of many) on my "I want to see for real one day" list.

Neil
Neil
the bluebirds are awesome, and I stumbled upon them will be back to get some keeper shots for sure.
I really liek the way the Starlings feathers were looking

Hi Mike, great shots. That hawk is definitely not a Red-tail, its either a Sharp-shined or a Cooper's, hard to say exactly because the head looks small (Sharpie) but the body looks larger than a Sharpie. Also the rounded tail says Cooper's. I'd go with Cooper's Hawk.

Either way its a great shot!

Mike,

Great shots. I especially like the one of the Bluebird. You should submit some of your shots to Birders World magazine or another publication devoted to bird watching/photography. They're that good!

jczinn said:
Hi Mike, great shots. That hawk is definitely not a Red-tail, its either a Sharp-shined or a Cooper's, hard to say exactly because the head looks small (Sharpie) but the body looks larger than a Sharpie. Also the rounded tail says Cooper's. I'd go with Cooper's Hawk.

Either way its a great shot!
Janet thanks, I bought a sibley Field guide and even with the detail presented in there it is tough to ID these guys, A cooper it is, thanks again

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom