Some from today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Mar 3, 2005.

1. During my travels between some of our facilities in work I cam across these guys. All taken with the D2H and the 300 f4 and 1.4 converter

I was so surprised to see this guy sitting out in the open, I believe it is either a sharp shinned or Red tailed Hawk but I very well could be wrong
    original.

Europeon Starling
    View attachment 5834

American Robin
    View attachment 18581

I found a group of these Eastern Bluebirds in some thickets this is the best shot I could manage I will be going back to get some better shots
    View attachment 5835

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

Think I'm going to take up landscapes.

Frank

3. Mike -

More great shots from you. Those bluebirds are some of my favorites -- hope you can go back and get some more shots of them.

4. Very nice images Mike, clear, sharp and with great color. The blue bird almost sparkles. Your certainly an inspiritation to me and my meagher attempts at bird photography.

5. Arrrgh! You are killing me with great shot after shot. Couldn't you slip in a blurry one here and there to make me feel better :lol:

Great job Mike. I really do look forward to your posts.

6. shot #1

is incredible..........WOW :shock: , beautiful capture, the robin as well is nicely done......so when is the 500mm coming. LOL !!!

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Awww geez Mike. These really are very nice. You've managed to make two comparatively common and ordinary looking birds in the Starling and Robin look like superstars.

Love the bluebird - another one (of many) on my "I want to see for real one day" list.

Neil

8. What

What the king of flight shots that is blasphmey!!
    thanks Frank

9. Thanks David
    They are top on my list I will get more of these if I have to camp out!

10. WOW Rory thanks, thing is I really look forward to your posts they are always first class

11. Neil
    the bluebirds are awesome, and I stumbled upon them will be back to get some keeper shots for sure.
    I really liek the way the Starlings feathers were looking

12. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Great blue bird Mike we never get them down here

Richard

13. Hi Mike, great shots. That hawk is definitely not a Red-tail, its either a Sharp-shined or a Cooper's, hard to say exactly because the head looks small (Sharpie) but the body looks larger than a Sharpie. Also the rounded tail says Cooper's. I'd go with Cooper's Hawk.

Either way its a great shot!

14. Nice shot of that hawk!! :D

15. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Mike,

Great shots. I especially like the one of the Bluebird. You should submit some of your shots to Birders World magazine or another publication devoted to bird watching/photography. They're that good!

16. Thanks I was so happy to see thsi little guy flirting around I will be back for more

17. Janet thanks, I bought a sibley Field guide and even with the detail presented in there it is tough to ID these guys, A cooper it is, thanks again

18. thanks Dawg I appreciate you looking

19. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Wow! some really high qualty birdy shots. :D