Some fun @ Bolsa

Jeff Wear and I goofed off over at Bolsa Chica today. The pickings were a little thinner than usual (and it was pretty windy too), so we decided to have a little fun and try for some unusual shots. Here are five I thought you'd like. Hopefully, Jeff will post some of the fabulous shots he got (there are some real smokers!). I'll put up the five and a link to a temp folder with some more... don't forget to click on the images to see the correct rendering. Have fun!

The link: http://www.digital-images.net/temp/Bolsa_Terns_etc/5-31/

Elegant Tern, Exorcist Twist, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/8:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Elegant Tern, Full Twist, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/4:

Elegant Tern Juvenile with Spitting Fish, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/5.6:

Elegant Tern Takeoff, D2x, 500mm AFS, f/5.6:

and last, a tricky shot. If you know Terns, they can maneuver like hummingbirds on steroids... imagine when one is trying to steal a fish from another! Sorry about the chopped wingtip and tail, and it's not quite as sharp as I like, but enough excuses:

Elegant Terns, Fish Competition, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/8:

Ron

Sheesh....stunning captures. Wow, the detail is amazing, not to mention the action that we captured. This is a wonderful series of images Ron, thanks so much for sharing.

Excellent set Ron. Good to see a post from you here. I always study each one for pointers on how to improve my shots. Thanks!! :smile:

WOW, Ron, great series! Nice color and sharpness and the D2Hs seems to hold up quite well with its younger brother too!

I am humbled to view these great captures Ron,you take outstanding photographs and it always my pleasure to view them.You make so many of us work at this harder so we too can try to produce photos like this.Thanks so much for sharing them:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom