1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some fun @ Bolsa

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Ron Reznick, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Jeff Wear and I goofed off over at Bolsa Chica today. The pickings were a little thinner than usual (and it was pretty windy too), so we decided to have a little fun and try for some unusual shots. Here are five I thought you'd like. Hopefully, Jeff will post some of the fabulous shots he got (there are some real smokers!). I'll put up the five and a link to a temp folder with some more... don't forget to click on the images to see the correct rendering. Have fun!

The link: http://www.digital-images.net/temp/Bolsa_Terns_etc/5-31/

Elegant Tern, Exorcist Twist, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/8:
    [​IMG]

Elegant Tern, Full Twist, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/4:
    [​IMG]

Elegant Tern Juvenile with Spitting Fish, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/5.6:
    [​IMG]

Elegant Tern Takeoff, D2x, 500mm AFS, f/5.6:
    [​IMG]

and last, a tricky shot. If you know Terns, they can maneuver like hummingbirds on steroids... imagine when one is trying to steal a fish from another! Sorry about the chopped wingtip and tail, and it's not quite as sharp as I like, but enough excuses:

Elegant Terns, Fish Competition, D2Hs, 300mm AFS/VR, f/8:
    [​IMG]

Ron

2. I love these Ron. Very challenging and unusual indeed

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Dig that spittin fish, Ron

4. I'm in awe... :eek: 

5. Excellent shots Ron! Aren't these terns fun to watch fishing.

Anthony

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well now, that raises the bar a few notches, up side down and spitting fish:>)))

Excellent images.
    Thank you

7. Spitting fish? What a capture! All of them excellent and a hard act to follow!

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sheesh....stunning captures. Wow, the detail is amazing, not to mention the action that we captured. This is a wonderful series of images Ron, thanks so much for sharing.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Ron. Good to see a post from you here. I always study each one for pointers on how to improve my shots. Thanks!! :smile:

10. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    WOW, Ron, great series! Nice color and sharpness and the D2Hs seems to hold up quite well with its younger brother too!

11. Very impressive shots Ron!

12. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    The spitting fish capture is awesome .... and so are all of the other images posted. Thanks for sharing Ron!

13. Very nice nice series there Ron. Cool!

George.

14. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Great shots, Ron. Thanks for sharing. The spitting fish is fantastic and the tern is banded.

15. What a great series of shots Ron. I always look forward to viewing your shots and as Frank says really try to learn something from each of them.

Louie

16. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    I am humbled to view these great captures Ron,you take outstanding photographs and it always my pleasure to view them.You make so many of us work at this harder so we too can try to produce photos like this.Thanks so much for sharing them:smile:

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Always a pleasure seeing your work Ron. Terrific shots.

18. Most excellent! Just love the action shots. Nice to see you are alive and well Ron!

19. Wow, these are just unreal good! Thanks for sharing Ron

20. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Beautiful shots Ron. Great to see you posting here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.