Some General Comments about nikoncafe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaker1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. I just wanted to mention the unbelievable images that are posted on this site. I also watch Fred Miranda's site and thought they were the best images I had seen, but no more. Nikoncafe is just fantastic. I decided that this was the best way for me to get my point accross because when I get home, after sitting in front of a computer all day, I find it hard sometimes to turn mine on. That is one reason for not always posting comments to images I view. The work being shown here, plus the friendships that are on display make me glad that I have taken up photography and keep at it. I may not post that much, but I am learning a lot from everyone. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

Gil

2. I have to agree with you. The friendly, helpful atmosphere here at the cafe is what distinguishes us from others.

Rich

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gil,

Thanks for your kind comments. We have been very lucky so far in the quality of the members that have decided to join our little endeavor, including you. :wink: We all have work together to make sure that things stay as open and friendly as they are now, but I have confidence that we will do what it takes. :)

Thanks again!!

Frank

4. It's nice to have you here Gil and we will take a post whenever you have the time or inclination. Good comments.

5. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    I like it because....

when I post my very crappy, amateur photos, I don't get lambasted (on DPR this would happen because I own a D2x and don't post perfection every time, etc....).
    Somehow, people here find something nice and constructive to say.
    I posted this the other day on DPR (why do I still go there??), and all I heard was how it was blurry, the light was bad, blah, blah, blah.
    The whole point of the post was that I (luckily) happened to have my D2X in hand at the EXACT moment Mommy pulled in the driveway, and captured this expression.
    Guess I should have posted it here.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: I like it because....

Yes, you should have. :wink:

The picture definitely tells a story doesn't it.... :D

Regards,

Frank

7. What better use of a camera then to capture the looks and smiles of children. They grow up too soon and this picture will always be around for you to remember them by.

Gil

8. Pat, your experience demonstrates EXACTLY why I get frustrated with other sites... the photo you've posted here is special, even to those of us who don't know the child, simply because it captures a moment in time that speaks volumes just by looking at the picture. Sure, there's some blur, BUT WHO CARES? It in no way takes away from the "soul" of the image, and in my humble opinion you succeeded in your goal here.

I would trade 1000 perfectly-exposed and sharp snapshots for a single slightly-blurred photo that "speaks" like this one does. Keep shooting them, and keep posting them!

9. It's hard to mistake the joy of a youngster that has just seen his mommy arrive home. Good capture Pat. Keep posting.

10. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

Re: I like it because....

I'm just surprised that it ever leaves your hands at this moment in time Pat :D

11. I can't agree with you any more!! That is one main reason I am in the Cafe. :) :) :)

12. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Whew!!

There are nice people in the house!!!!

13. Don't they say

A picture is worth a thousand words.

That is what it is about. The sheer joy that the image means to you. Technical perfection is nice to aim for, but it is not the 'B'all of everything.

Welcome to the cafe, relax and enjoy the view.

Best wishes. Bob F. England.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Don't they say

Well said Bob.... :wink:

Frank

15. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Your picture is priceless and you'll treasure it forever.

I would have that framed on my desk or wall for sure!

Gaye