Some Images from Sunday...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Here are some quick samples from Sunday...went to Edison Park with Desert Rat then finished up the day at Bolsa...

Testing out the new 1.4x with the Sigma 300/2.8...not sure I like the results, pretty hard to beat the lens without any TCs (where most of my keepers have been coming as of late)

Something is wrong with my camera I think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hey what happened with the ones shot with my lens or camera??

BTW nice shot of the Egret reflection... I see a contest entrant???

Also like the Grebe

3. Hey Eric, the images I took with my D70 and your lens turned out alright, still need to go through them but I had my ISO bumped up so they are kinda noisy...shot today at 320-400 a lot so I'm not too happy with the results at all with my setup from today...

The images with your D2X and my Sigma were similar...I think the time of day wasn't ideal for 'keeper' shots with the sun directly overhead...

My best images have power lines and power line towers in the backgrounds :(

It was fun today, need to go again soon...

-brett

4. You know did not even notice the funky looking water on teh Snowy flight shot.. Does not even looks like water... Looks like you did something to it to make it look funky...

THought you kept the ISO at 200? What caused the change in bump of the ISO?

5. I think the first one is very intriguing, great background. You might want to consider darkening the background and then just lightening the bird to isolate it more against the background, I think this would be very effectful.

lets see some more!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Brett. I can't wait to get back out shooting (been getting ready for a big Christmas get together at my house this Saturday - 37 folks coming!!). :Shocked:

7. Thanks Andreas, the background is for sure different, I will research how to darken the background and work on the bird for the isolation effect...

Frank, holidays are stressful, you owe it to yourself to go out and shoot before the holidays, if not before Saturday!! I look forward to seeing your pics again soon...

More from Sunday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Brett
    not bad, there's always a learning curve with new equip. Just keep working it, your doing great here !!

9. Ben, I think Helmet (Brett) Is getting hooked on teh idea of a new piece of glass or a new camera...I let him try out the D2X and 200-400VR lens...

10. Yes, I'm a little obsessive compulsive...had to continue testing the 1.4x so snuck out at lunch today to check this guy out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]