Some images from the Westie Meet @ Bolsa

Discussion in 'Birds' started by helmet155, Nov 7, 2005.

1. I met Cafe members, Ben and Angelo out at Bolsa today and had a great time. I was pretty crabby getting up so early and the sun wasn't going to cooperate at all!

I'm not exactly thrilled with the quality I am showing here but was pretty stoked to get some good Osprey shots (and one similar to Ben's where the Osprey is making room for more).

Regardless, critiques are welcome and appreciated.

-Brett

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brett,

I think that the Osprey and Egret shots are great! By the look of the angle, I'd say that you may have had to duck there for a few seconds, eh? :rolleyes: What lens did you use?

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Brett
    enjoyed meeting you and shooting together, look forward to doing it again

Looks like for a slow day you came away with some keepers, not bad not bad at all.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Brett,

Like I said to Ben; your results were much better than mine today. Very nice shots too. :smile:

5. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Brett - nice captures and great meeting you. Now I understand when you yelled "DUCK" you didn't mean madagascar! :biggrin:

6. some nice shots!

7. Nothing wrong with these, Brett! Even a bad day of shooting is still a good day! ;)

8. Really like the Osprey shots...

9. Thanks all for the compliments...looking at these images from my monitor at work they don't look as good to me as they did from home but the difference between a laptop display and a CRT makes a difference I'm sure!!

These were all taken with the Sigma 300/2.8 and 2X TC except for #1...I think the 1.4X is the way to go with this lens as the images seem a tad soft for my aspirations...

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really love the Great Egret.

All good shots.

Looked like a fun day out with the gang. :>))