1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Jeep pictures with Holly

Discussion in 'People' started by jreed105, Aug 3, 2009.

1. jreed105

jreed105

Feb 22, 2008
    Indiana
    Holly wanted to get some pictures with her Jeep for her Dad, and a few for her boyfriend/fiance who is currently serving over in Iraq. Here's a few of our favs from the shoot.

Comments and critique are always welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jeep Captain

Jeep Captain

Jan 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Jeep? There was a jeep in those pictures?

Nice shots. I'm sure her boyfriend in Iraq will like them. My only complaint is in every one, the top of her head is washed out.

3. jreed105

jreed105

Feb 22, 2008
    Indiana
    Her hair is VERY light, it's almost impossible not to get some blow outs in it, but when I zoom in, I can still see detail in the hair, so I don't think they're all blown out. I'm not arguing though, it does appear blown because it's so light. Thanks! And yes, there's a jeep in there somewhere, haha.

4. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    Those are gonna make big sucess in Iraq. :biggrin::wink:
    More seriously now, very nice work. :smile:

5. jreed105

jreed105

Feb 22, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you very much :) 

6. Great pictures.

I understand your frustration with Holly's hair. My wife's hair is extremely light like this (hey... she's a blonde from California... what do you want?) and it's hard to capture any texture in the lighter parts of her hair when there's strong sunlight or if I bounce my flash off of a low ceiling.

7. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    I like these! My only comment is the jeep has just a few little drops of mud. I think it should have either had no mud or a lot of mud. But the scene and poses were very nicely done. Taken in Indiana? I'm originally from the small town of Winchester.

8. ABrownPhoto

ABrownPhoto

May 3, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I like these! She is very pretty when she smiles. Were these posed by you or her? either way, nice posing

9. Billy Ng

Billy Ng

Jan 22, 2007
    Hartsdale, NY
    A pair of 3" pumps and these would have been pinup worthy :biggrin:

10. sishac

sishac

Jan 17, 2008
    Wayne, PA
    I like #2 and #3 the best, with #3 winning out overall. Good effort!! Maybe an interesting pose would have been her leaning over the engine bay, wrench in hand and a smudge of grease on her face??? I'm sure that both dad and boyfriend will enjoy the pictures!

11. Gotta say that #3 has to be my favorite with second one right behind it. I like the first one too in terms of the pose, expresssion etc but the face is too dark and the backlighting on the hair is just too over powering.

I think the wrench in hand looking down into the engine compartment would have been great. Also take the jeep mudding (go old boy term) and have some smears of mud on her face too.

Beautiful girl and sure the guys in her life will love your photographs.

12. Holly is a hot one. You did a geat job with the shoot.#1 and #6 are my favorites.

13. OCIR

OCIR

Mar 24, 2009
    MD
    I don't think these pictures will ever get to her boyfriend. Some army dude will snatch it before the boyfriend does.

14. MFowler

MFowler

Apr 18, 2008
    Texas
    I think you did a great job. A couple I can see that her dad will love and I am willing to bet her fiance in Iraq will Love them all!

15. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I like #3 and #6. The pose in #3 is by far the best of the group IMO.

16. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    #3 is the best. I love how the blonde hair "matches" the yellow TJ. I must say, I need a model like that with my CJ-5. Jeep guys love their women with their vehicle. Good captures. :D 

17. fastfoci

fastfoci

Jan 23, 2009
    Rochester NY
    very nice photos. pretty girl.

18. jreed105

jreed105

Feb 22, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, it's great when the shot works out, but can be tough getting there. Thank you

I agree, I noticed that as well. Thank you for the compliments. Yes, I'm in Plymouth, up in northern Indiana.

I agree, I'll pass on the compliment :) 

I really didn't have to do much posing at all. Gave her some ideas, and let her work with it. She is very very good to work with, thank you :) 

We were burning daylight here, it was almost 9pm when we were done. I want to say that the shots infront of the jeep with the hood up were the last of the shots, so we were running out of time. There's more shots, including this one, that I would like to try sometime.

19. jreed105

jreed105

Feb 22, 2008
    Indiana
    That'll be next, mudding pics! Thank you, I'll pass on the compliments to her.

Thank you :) 

Lol, lets hope not!

Thanks so much :) 

Thanks! :) 

Thank you much :) 

20. memphis

memphis

Aug 6, 2006
    hey what a coincidence, I love jeeps and i love blondes lol. great shots though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.