Some Jersey Ospreys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Jul 29, 2008.

1. I shot these the other day with my D300, 70-200mm VR and 1.4TC. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very nice Anthony, you must have been on right on top of him. Love the second shot.

3. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Very nice flight shots. Wish I could see an Osprey.

4. Anthony, superb work! I just shot the 70-200 with the 1.4 this weekend, and I was stunned how well the combo worked along with fast focusing. Congrats on some fine shooting.
    Kevin P.

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Anthony. He must have been pretty close to get him with the 70-200.

6. Hi Louis! Thanks, this osprey has a nest on a two story building...pretty close.

7. Thanks cre8foru, these birds are easy fun to shoot, as soon as you get close to the nest they'll fly over you for some easy shooting! I'm lucky to have three nest to shoot from.

8. Kevin thanks! I love this combo as well.

9. Thanks Chris!

10. Very nice in flight shots. I never tire of shooting these guys.

11. Excellent. Where were they taken. I live in NJ and would like to visit them.

Les

12. superb photos, well captured

13. Hi Les, Sandy Hook, NJ

14. Thank you Colin!

15. mrlimpet

mrlimpet

May 12, 2006
    san francisco
    very nice anthony. :smile:

:frown:i don't have the same camera body, but i have that lens and am hoping to add a 2.0 tc soon. i hope my results are as good. :confused: 

16. Hi Robert, The 2.0TC will really slow down your 70-200mm VR and the images will look soft.

17. mrlimpet

mrlimpet

May 12, 2006
    san francisco

i'm coming to that same conclusion having been advised in another thread. would you recommend the 1.7tc as a viable alternative?

18. Robert, If you're looking for the very best in image quality and speed hands down its the 1.4TC. I had the 1.7TC and I wasn't happy with the quality I was getting so I sold it a Cafe member. Don't get me wrong I've seen some pretty nice shots with the 1.7TC but nothing like the 1.4TC.

19. mrlimpet

mrlimpet

May 12, 2006
    san francisco
    thanks anthony. :smile:

20. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Nice shots. I like the 70-200 plus 1.4 TC combo a lot. It may be the demise of my 80-400 VR. The 1.4 TC is also very sweet on the 300 f/2.8.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.