1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Kids

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by socrdude, Oct 13, 2018 at 9:46 AM.

1. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    While hiking with my Trail hound, we ran into this group of kids that were very curious on whom we were...

All the Mountain Goats in the WA State Olympics are being relocated and those not captured, will be Killed as they are not indigenous to the area, introduced by man, and now man is removing them after decades as its felt they are damaging things, so glad to get a chance to seem them over the past years.
    Mt Kids.
    NIKON D7100    150.0-600.0 mm f/5.0-6.3    150mm    f/5.0    1/1250s    ISO 1600

2. Cute, but hard on the Olympic environment -- and deadly too, I recall a couple of hikers getting gored by goats (and one death?). Nice picture.

3. I love this!! I bet you will miss seeing them when they are gone.

4. Isn't that the truth!

5. great shots. Glad you had the opportunity to see them before they go.

6. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    the injury was many many year ago and probably someone doing something inappropriate.. I hike up there Year after YEar and have had the goats come very close, but never a threat, but then there is a protocol you use with Mt. Goats... they do not bother you unless at birthing and you pressure the mom, then you could have issues, as one would expect.

7. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    thanks Louis...that may have been with your, new to me, lens.

8. Very nice shot ,I love the expressions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.