some kinna blue damsels

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I can't seem to find these in my new book. The closest pic is a skimming bluette but even that is wrong I think. Got prey in one pic I saw later.

2708571384_ab130923fd_b.

2708570570_3bceb30ce5_b.

2707752981_720e494f35_b.

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I really like #2, You caught him with him mouth full.:biggrin:
    Too bad the tail got cut off in the first one...

3. Nice shots, Threecats!

I could try to look ID later...

4. Yeah I saw that tail missing at home and was so upset. Is it ethical to clone one on? I can get back again cause I found these were easy tripod up very close with the 90 macro.

Yes Jukka an id would be great. If it helps they were taken at a small stream, they were about 1 1/2 in long (4cm) and there were also as many that were mostly brown about the same size but never perched in that spot so I kinda neglected them

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice shots and a beautiful damselfly. I thing i may be a Blue-fronted Dancer - Argia apicalis.

6. That's exactly right Torben! I don't know how I missed this in my new Stokes book. I must have passed that pic 10 times looking.:redface: Same length and the pic of the female looks the same as well. Thanks

glenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.