1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some landscapes in black and white

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mattes, Aug 5, 2007.

1. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice series, the last is my favorite as you have not only an n ice sky but a more interesting foreground, with the road leading into the distance and some tonal variations in the fields. Well done.

2. I second what Jeff said there. Nice going Mattes.

3. Mattes

Like the last one also! Not a big fan of black and white for landscapes, however you have enough different shades plus interesting composition to make this photo very attractive!

4. Agreed with the above. Lovely image.

Any tips on how you processed this image? Any filters used on the camera?

Cheers

Alex

5. Hello Alex.

I didn't use any filter at all. I set my D2Hs to color mode III and tried some slightly different exposure setting.

The black & white came from Photoshop CS3 (30-day-trial, day 17) using the "yellow filter" setting. To me, it seems to be even more an orange or light red filter effect, but I liked it a lot.

To you and all others: Thanks for your comments and remarks !

Regards

Mattes

6. i like ur series...wondering why u thought b&w was the way to process the photos...like the leading line of the trees and the sky. db

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.