Some landscapes...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ...longtime not posted, so... here's some landsapes i shot yesterday, while traveling thru the Swiss Jura mountains, to deliver works i had done for a client !

Due to the persisting lack of linearity in the metering with my S2, i had to shoot several times each pic to get a proper exposition ! ...but i was quite happy with the final result...

All shots with Fuji S2 Pro and Tamron SP 28-75 or Sigma 12-24 - ISO 100 RAW

47902558.DSCF0501_sRGB.

47902561.DSCF0512_sRGB.

47902555.DSCF0464_sRGB.

...same place as the previous one, but i tried to enhance the foreground...
    47902556.DSCF0468_sRGB.

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

2. *** with Pbase ? I just uploaded these pics, and... all i seem to get is "dreaded red X" !!! I checked other photographers on this site, using Pbase recently, they don't seem to have this problem !?!

Any idea ?

Cheers,
    Jean-Pierre

3. saturnine

saturnine Guest

4. Hi Grace !
    While you were writing your post, I just found another way to get the URLs, and this seem to work now !
    I used to go to Pbase, click on the thumbnail i wanted, then copy the URL fomr the top URL bar of Internet Explorer, paste to my message and add "/original.JPG" at the end... This doesn't seem to work anymore, so now i right-click inside the original-size pic, click on "Propriety" (in Windows's french version) and from there, copy the URL ! Then paste into my message without even having to add "/original.JPG" ! Now it works !
    Thanks anyway...
    Cheers,
    J-P.

5. I really like image #2, the colors are great and the scene beautiful. Thanks for sharing your images and I'm sorry you are having metering problems.

6. I like the composition of the first shot and your inclusion of the foreground. The water clarity is really nice! Good job on all....very pretty scenery!

7. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Magnifique!!!

Thanks for bringing back memories of that beautiful country
    Lived in Davos when I was a kid been several times back and traveled around a lot

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful captures, love the reflections in the water. The colors are so subtle. Job well done.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You know your stuff.

these are fantastic :>}}}}}}}

10. Hello J-P. -

What a good eye you have. The first shot is very captivating for me.

I've only had one chance to visit your beautiful country, sadly back in my pre-digital days . . .

Thanks for sharing these.

Eric