1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some love for the Sigma 30/1.4

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by 180q, Jun 28, 2008.

1. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    @1.4
    [​IMG]

@1.4
    [​IMG]

@f11
    [​IMG]

@f11
    [​IMG]

@1.4
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

-Chad

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  2. tfenne

tfenne

Apr 10, 2008
    Cambridge, MA
    I really like the first shot. There's just something about the use effective of shallow DOF in shots like that that give them an other-worldly feel, almost like a scale model. Great stuff.

3. atoronto

atoronto

Jun 16, 2008
    Toronto
    Chad, what camera did you use? I just get the same lens but I have to do adjustment with the focus to maximum +20, otherwise I get a front focusing with my D300.

4. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks Tim. I like the scale model look as well. Someday I'd like to try some sort of tilt shift type of picture.

Alex, I'm using the D300 as well. I just received this used copy earlier this week. Luckily I got a good copy. Yours sounds like it's way too far out of wack. I would send it off to Sigma for a calibration. Good luck.

-Chad

5. atoronto

atoronto

Jun 16, 2008
    Toronto
    I got a used one too, but before I tried 1 at the store I get the same problems, maybe my camera is not right, so for sure you are lucky, as you said you don't need to adjust the AF, if I send to sigma do I have to send with the body or just the lens? I don't really like to send for calibration, can I just use it with +20? the results is not too bad, sharp enough for me.

6. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I'm picking mine up from a local guy tomorrow. I hope it's this good. Those are killer shots.

7. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    Thank you. I wish you luck with your new toy.

-Chad

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

whata freaky hunk of glass ...nice shots Chad...;-)

9. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast
    Thanks, Nute. It's only come off once since receiving it. That was only because I needed the fisheye in order to take a shot.

-Chad

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i hear u Chad ...i have it mounted on my wife's d40 right now. my other lenses are getting lonely ..lol
    :biggrin:

11. Wow

Wow that is one sharp lens! :biggrin:

Thank you for posting these.

12. jadog2

jadog2

Dec 18, 2007
    SF
    The more I see what this lens can do, the more I warm up to the idea of 3rd party lenses.
    thanks for sharing
    -jason

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.