Some love for the Sigma 30/1.4

@1.4
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@1.4

@f11

@f11

@1.4

Thanks for looking.

-Chad

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the first shot. There's just something about the use effective of shallow DOF in shots like that that give them an other-worldly feel, almost like a scale model. Great stuff.

Chad, what camera did you use? I just get the same lens but I have to do adjustment with the focus to maximum +20, otherwise I get a front focusing with my D300.

Thanks Tim. I like the scale model look as well. Someday I'd like to try some sort of tilt shift type of picture.

Alex, I'm using the D300 as well. I just received this used copy earlier this week. Luckily I got a good copy. Yours sounds like it's way too far out of wack. I would send it off to Sigma for a calibration. Good luck.

-Chad

Thanks Tim. I like the scale model look as well. Someday I'd like to try some sort of tilt shift type of picture.

Alex, I'm using the D300 as well. I just received this used copy earlier this week. Luckily I got a good copy. Yours sounds like it's way too far out of wack. I would send it off to Sigma for a calibration. Good luck.

-Chad
I got a used one too, but before I tried 1 at the store I get the same problems, maybe my camera is not right, so for sure you are lucky, as you said you don't need to adjust the AF, if I send to sigma do I have to send with the body or just the lens? I don't really like to send for calibration, can I just use it with +20? the results is not too bad, sharp enough for me.

Thanks, Nute. It's only come off once since receiving it. That was only because I needed the fisheye in order to take a shot.

-Chad

N

Nuteshack

Thanks, Nute. It's only come off once since receiving it. That was only because I needed the fisheye in order to take a shot.

-Chad
i hear u Chad ...i have it mounted on my wife's d40 right now. my other lenses are getting lonely ..lol
:biggrin:

The more I see what this lens can do, the more I warm up to the idea of 3rd party lenses.
thanks for sharing
-jason

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom