Some more baseball from N.Y.'s greatest

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Backdoctor, Mar 7, 2005.

1. the NY Mets first baseman gets jammed, but connects:

love the intensity in pitchers:
    original.

not good extension, but he hit it:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done Harris.

I really like going to Baseball games.

Cheers
    Gale

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey where is my Delete post button

:<<<

4. thanks gale, I havent calibrated my monitor at home since firing up the new computer. Obviously it needs it. Will run adobe gamma for now. Looking into a calibration device as well. Perhaps Ron can recommend one for a hobbyist like me.

5. I have the Gretag Macbeth; it works on scanners, CRTs and LCDs. Very pleased. It generates an icc file and makes it the default for your monitor.

Rich

6. I have some software from Ron, but what is the hardware needed, and how much does it cost?

7. Gale,

The colors just pop out!! That looks great!! :D :D

Great shot Harris!! :D :D :D

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Since my colors seem to have gone haywire, even with adobe, I have been using this on line calibrator and seems to be doing a great job so far.. You guys need to be the judge if my colors go haywire on me. But no one has mentioned it, even though I have asked a few times.

I just fire this up every morning and takes ten seconds. Although as long as you are on line it says you don't have to.

http://www.easyrgb.com/calibrate.php

Cheers
    Gale

9. Gale,

Thanks for the online monitor calibration link. It is very helpful!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. I tried it, Gale, but what does it do? Did it change my monitor settings, or just my browser settings?

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Frank,
    It is suposed to change your monitor. It will stay as long as you are online. Orrrr you can load down the little free program.

I was having a horrible time with red. So out of desperation I tried it and it sure helped.

My monitor is going on 5 years now.

However, got a lens to pay off and some car repairs to take care of. So new monitor has to wait.

Cheers
    Gale

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Your Welcome Dawg. Glad it may help you if you should need something like I did.

EEEEKKK photography.

lol

Cheers
    Gale

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good timing, Harris!

What sort of bursts are you shooting to get these? I was gonna take my boys to a spring training game, but they're all over with by the time we get down to Tampa on Apr 4th :cry:

14. Re: Good timing, Harris!

shooting 8fps for 3-6 shots.

15. I really like the second one. Well captured.