Some more bear and moose from the Tetons

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Jim, these are fantastic shots. How far were you on average from the bears?

louie

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What a tremendous thrill this all must have been...

More WOW..
    Beautiful images.

3. Great series Jim but numberr 3 is awesome, luv the composition, perfectly exposed, and the catchlight is superb!!! Man you must be happy with these. LUv zee moose, you dont see many pics of those on here, nice change up!

4. Thanks Gale and Keith. Keith you as so right about the catchlight. I know this and read about it but boy is it hard to get the animals to cooperate and get into the right spot. Yes, this was a real thrill that I will not soon forget. Thanks for looking.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Enjoyed each one
    all are well done, especially like the 3rd one and the 1st Moose shot!!

6. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Excellent shots, Jim! All are very nice, but, like others, I really like the 3rd one.

7. Wow, you had quite a trip. I haven't always been that lucky when I visited there. Congratulations on some fine shots.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Love them all James. :smile:

9. Thanks again all. Gordon is this normal for the area to have so many moose and bear in such a small area? We saw at least 30 moose and maybe another 6 or seven black bears on this trip. I kept thinking the bear were the same but the ranger said there were at least 30 in the area around Moose Junction. Sure helps the odds of getting pictures.

The first time I saw a black bear was when I saw the bush next to the road move. The bush was so thick that I never saw the bear until it climbed higher up for more berries. Boy what a treat it was to watch.

10. It seems you have hit this area on a high point for wildlife. Perhaps it because they are getting ready for the winter and stocking up on food. Also, it is late in the season so there are not so many tourists. You have certainly captilized on your good fortune with some excellent images.

11. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Jim, I am only catching up with your pics from this trip now, but what an experience it must have been: between all this wildlife, birds and majestic scenery, no wonder one would be tired, especially that shutter finger!! :wink: Outstanding, all around! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: