1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some More Birds from Merritt Island

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RoyC01, Feb 11, 2018.

1. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    While it is still somewhat early in the birding season Merritt Island is producing some nice opportunities. Here are a few shots from my latest trip.
    _DSC2042_00098409.

_DSC2108_00098475.

_DSC2372_00098739.

_DSC2405_00098772.

_RC62459_00098132.

_RC78209_00094918.

_RC78706_00095415.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lovely shots Roy. My fav is #2. I would reduce the saturation of the blue color on the legs selectively if the legs are not that much blue in real.

3. Lovely collection. I like the flying tri-color best.

4. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    On that image I took the saturation to zero and it was no help. The legs are wet and cloudless sky blue is reflecting off of the water and onto the legs. I had to use the selective adjustment tool to alter the WB just on the legs. Then I apparently, did not upload the correct one. :rolleyes:  Now, the adjusted photo is uploaded. Thanks for the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    Thanks, this is one of my BIF shots I get each morning towards the end of good light by just setting up with my back to the sun, and just shooting every bird that flies by. It is part practice and part attempt to get a better photo of each species. A lot of fun in any case.

6. Very well done Roy and quite a collection.

7. Excellent shots all around

8. lovely sharp photos...........

9. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    An outstanding set! Each one exhibits extreme sharpness, feather details and exposure control meaning the photographer NAILED each one! Very well done! I really like #2 but (for me) I would try to tone down the blue water a bit. And #7 is wonderful also!

10. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Nice, now I know where all the good light went:) 

11. Such a wonderful series! I get to that area once in a while, but I don't seem to have the luck (and talent) that you guys have!

12. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
    Merritt is a great location and birds do not disappoint.

13. Excellent collection. I'm envious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.