Some more Cyprus landscapes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Panos Kazanelis, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Birthplace of Aphrodite, 25km east of Pafos.
    According to legend, Aphrodite goddess of love and beauty rose from the waves in this strikingly beautiful spot. The Greek name, Petra tou Romiou 'The Rock of the Greek' is associated with the legendary frontier-guard of Byzantine times Digenis Akritas, who kept the marauding Saracens at bay with amazing strength. It is said that he heaved this large rock into the sea destroying the enemy's ship.

original.

View attachment 12646

Cyprus is a land of great myths and landscapes to support them...

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That second image is fantastic.

(only missing Lambros in there lol)

3. What a wonderful place in which you live, Panos. So full of rich history and culture. Great shots, too! Keep posting more. The scenery's beautiful!

4. Great shots. The first one is so beautiful, I love it.

5. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Like the 2nd pic mate - very soothing to the eyes.

6. The 2nd image deos it for me in this series, thanks for sharing and I realy enjoy the history behind these spots. i have always been very interested in Greek mythology

7. Very nice images Panos and of course Lambros is as frisky as ever.

8. Very cool Panos..Would love to visit your country one day.

Bohdan

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I have never been a fan of sunset images, but that 2nd shot is unique and special. Congrats !

Regards

RFC

10. Johnbotu

Johnbotu Guest

Great shots