1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

some more digging (9)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by raymond j barlow, Sep 2, 2008.

1. still working through the old files while time is abundant these days...

SnowyOwlhidingfromtheWind2w-1.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/10.0    1/320s    ISO 200

northernhawkowldive.

PhilippineDragonfly2w.
    NIKON D200    ---    400mm    f/22.0    1/10s    ISO 100

flyingfoxw.
    NIKON D200    ---    400mm    f/6.3    1/800s    ISO 250

collaredkingfisher.
    NIKON D200    ---    650mm    f/10.0    1/80s    ISO 100

DSC_9648wnsn.
    NIKON D200    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/25s    ISO 200

PeregrineFalconinflight.
    NIKON D300    ---    400mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    ISO 250

hornbillw.
    NIKON D200    ---    400mm    f/4.5    1/125s    ISO 250

LighthouseonEriew.
    NIKON D200    ---    210mm    f/9.0    1/400s    ISO 200

sorry for the off topic shots, hope no one minds.

thanks for looking!

2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Ray, These are all fabulous, but I love, love, LOVE the bat! What a great shot and lucky you for the opportunity! That diving owl is once-in-lifetime, or at least it would be for me.

3. Billh

Billh

Jan 26, 2008
    Northern, VA
    These are great! The hawk diving and the bat are incredible.

Bill

4. Scotty_A

Scotty_A

Oct 20, 2006
    Maine
    Just awsome Ray. Love your work, keep them coming.

5. thanks very much Bolts, this bat is a Giant Fruit Bat, in one of the last know colonies in the Philippines. I have several other images of these cool monsters, I should really go back and edit a bunch of them.

thanks Sam!!

thanks Bill., that hawk owl was diving for a mouse, I was very lucky to have my camera on him before it lifted off and dropped to the ground.

Thanks Scotty, I will do!

6. Wonderful shots, Ray. And #2,3 are my favotites. But how did
    you get #2? This is an awesome shot!

Thanks for sharing.

7. It was a cool deal Hide, the bird was perch in a tree, and I was about 40 feet from the base of the tree., I could see it was hunting intensly, and it began to lean forward, preparing to dive straight down after a mouse it had seen., so I lifted the camera, and once it leaped, I just tracked it, and held the shutter button down.

I was especially happy when I relized a week later that I was the only one of about 10 photogs that were there who got a shot.

thanks buddy.

8. Great shots Ray!

9. Very good digging Raymond, excellent set.

10. RichA_CT

RichA_CT

May 24, 2006
    Connecticut
    #7 is an awesome shot Ray, were you standing on a cliff over looking the bird?

11. Stunning shots Ray, the second shot in incredible I am wondering how you captured that one, looks like you were shooting straight up. Keep on digging.

12. thanks Anthony, very much appreciated.

Thank you Louie!

Thanks Rich., this was taken at the Niagara Falls gorge, there is a long walkway, along the Canadian side, and the peregrines nested down near the river.. it was am amazing site!

thanks Warren., that bird was hunting in front of about 8 photographers, we were all standing on the sideroad, it was looking straight down at lunch, and I anticipated the dive, and kept my camera on the bird with the sutter button held down!

Just some good luck!

take care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.