Some more from Longwood Gardens (large post)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mike mac, Jul 22, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Very nice mike

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, these are simply awesome. I don't know how else to describe them. You have such a wonderful eye for composition. I can see the shots after you've posted them, but I would never get them on my own.

Great job. You need to think about selling some of these. :wink:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic as usual Mike :>))

I am curious about the last one though. Tell me about that. Haven't got a clue...

hahhahahaha nothin new with that :>)))

4. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Mike -

More great stuff! I know you've got lots more, so keep'em coming.

Two questions -

How do you creat those great frames?

What the heck is that weird round green thing that looks like it belongs in a horrow flick? I never saw it.

Gordon

5. Simply gorgeous !!! :)

6. WOW!!! These are wonderful.

7. Thanks so much for looking

8. Thanks so much for the kind words, if you would ever see this place a blind man could walk away with some killer shots sort of the flower equivalent of the Rookery targets all over the place. I sure wish I could find a market to sell prints like this and pay for this nasty addictive habit I have. :shock:

9. Gale
    Thanks so much the last one is a 3' lilly pad that has not opened up yet they are hybrids developed by Longwood themselves they are huge. Looks liek an alien pod

10. Fantastic shots, Mike. Your post reminds me that I really need to go there. I don't think I've been there since I was there in elementary school on a school trip, and that was a LONG time ago! Kudos on the beautiful shots!

11. Gordon
    Thanks, the frames are from fredmirandas site it is his framing action, if you are interested let me know. The last shot is one of thos large lilly pads that has not fully opened yet

12. Thanks Mike I appreciate you loking and commenting

13. Thanks so much Cindy

14. Thanks The palce is a photographers dream, we shoudl plan an outing in the fall it is incredible there both outside and the conservatory

15. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Great pictures, as usual, Mike. The last one almost looks like it's suspended in air at first glance.

John