Some more from Longwood Gardens (large post)

A few more from our outing the other day. All taken with the 70-200VR
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 12426
View attachment 12427
View attachment 12428
View attachment 12429
View attachment 12430
View attachment 12431
View attachment 12432
View attachment 12433
View attachment 12434

Mike, these are simply awesome. I don't know how else to describe them. You have such a wonderful eye for composition. I can see the shots after you've posted them, but I would never get them on my own.

Great job. You need to think about selling some of these. :wink:

Fantastic as usual Mike :>))

I am curious about the last one though. Tell me about that. Haven't got a clue...

hahhahahaha nothin new with that :>)))

G

Gordon Large

Hey Mike -

More great stuff! I know you've got lots more, so keep'em coming.

Two questions -

How do you creat those great frames?

What the heck is that weird round green thing that looks like it belongs in a horrow flick? I never saw it.

Gordon

Flew said:
Mike, these are simply awesome. I don't know how else to describe them. You have such a wonderful eye for composition. I can see the shots after you've posted them, but I would never get them on my own.

Great job. You need to think about selling some of these. :wink:
Thanks so much for the kind words, if you would ever see this place a blind man could walk away with some killer shots sort of the flower equivalent of the Rookery targets all over the place. I sure wish I could find a market to sell prints like this and pay for this nasty addictive habit I have. :shock:

Gale said:
Fantastic as usual Mike :>))

I am curious about the last one though. Tell me about that. Haven't got a clue...

hahhahahaha nothin new with that :>)))
Gale
Thanks so much the last one is a 3' lilly pad that has not opened up yet they are hybrids developed by Longwood themselves they are huge. Looks liek an alien pod

Fantastic shots, Mike. Your post reminds me that I really need to go there. I don't think I've been there since I was there in elementary school on a school trip, and that was a LONG time ago! Kudos on the beautiful shots!

Gordon Large said:
Hey Mike -

More great stuff! I know you've got lots more, so keep'em coming.

Two questions -

How do you creat those great frames?

What the heck is that weird round green thing that looks like it belongs in a horrow flick? I never saw it.

Gordon
Gordon
Thanks, the frames are from fredmirandas site it is his framing action, if you are interested let me know. The last shot is one of thos large lilly pads that has not fully opened yet

nburwell said:
Fantastic shots, Mike. Your post reminds me that I really need to go there. I don't think I've been there since I was there in elementary school on a school trip, and that was a LONG time ago! Kudos on the beautiful shots!
Thanks The palce is a photographers dream, we shoudl plan an outing in the fall it is incredible there both outside and the conservatory

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom