Some more from the Weekend

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Got around to posting a few more from this weekend, proccessing them as time allows.
Timber Wolf
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Date/Time 05-Mar-2005 12:45:11
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2H
Flash Used No
Focal Length 70 mm
Exposure Time 1/1000 sec
Aperture f/7.1
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias +1/3
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance

Tundra Wolf
View attachment 5962
Date/Time 05-Mar-2005 12:45:40
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2H
Flash Used No
Focal Length 70 mm
Exposure Time 1/640 sec
Aperture f/7.1
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance

Silver Fox
View attachment 5963
Date/Time 05-Mar-2005 12:23:58
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2H
Flash Used No
Focal Length 82 mm
Exposure Time 1/2000 sec
Aperture f/5
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance

Bobcat
View attachment 5964
Date/Time 05-Mar-2005 11:45:00
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2H
Flash Used No
Focal Length 78 mm
Exposure Time 1/1500 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias +1/3
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance

Portrait
View attachment 5965
Date/Time 05-Mar-2005 11:27:39
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2H
Flash Used No
Focal Length 150 mm
Exposure Time 1/640 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias +1
White Balance
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Focus Distance
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Wow Mike.

All very beautifully done, as usual. The Tundra Wolf doen't look real happy with you :>)) Great shot. Great shot for the challenge.

Bob Cat looks like he has had enough of you to. Look at the ears.

Last protrait is great. He doesn't seem as agressive.

What a marvelous opportunity. Glad you went. How did you son react to all these animals.

Thank you very much for sharing these. Look foward to more.

Regards
Gale
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
3,497
Location
South SF Bay Area, CA.
Yesss!

Mike,

They are all wonderful, once again. I think the wolf portrait is just magnificent: what a beautiful animal! But then, I am partial to dogs... :lol:

You said before that you had an opening in the fence to have an unobstructed view. Is this dangerous at all? I mean that Tundra Wolf looks a bit menacing: did you tick him off, with the flash perhaps? Great, great job on the whole series :!: :!:
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
33,092
Location
St. George, Utah
Simple beautiful images Mike. These are magnificient animals and your rendition of them is excellent. Even though these are in semi-captivity it does not detract at all from the wildness of the animals.
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
4,657
Location
Athens Greece
mike mac said:
Got around to posting a few more from this weekend...
Hey Mike... what are you trying to do here :?: Drive us nuts :shock:

These are at least NGS standards photography :!: BRAVOOOO!!! :eek:

I paid a visit to their site and it seems that the will elect you as their president if you "donate" a few of your photos :wink:
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Mike,

These are just plain marvelous.... 8) Could you post the EXIF data for these, please?? I'd like to steal your settings for my next wolf shoot.... :wink:

Thanks,

Frank
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Do you ever take a bad shot, Mike?

Your keeper percentage must be astronomical. The hits just keep on comin! Awesome work Mikey!
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
1,133
Location
North Carolina, USA
So, Mike:

When are you going to quit your day job???? At least I got to meet you before you hit the road and started your new career.... :)

You just keep on putting up fantastic shots. Wow.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Gale said:
Wow Mike.

All very beautifully done, as usual. The Tundra Wolf doen't look real happy with you :>)) Great shot. Great shot for the challenge.

Bob Cat looks like he has had enough of you to. Look at the ears.

Last protrait is great. He doesn't seem as agressive.

What a marvelous opportunity. Glad you went. How did you son react to all these animals.

Thank you very much for sharing these. Look foward to more.

Regards
Gale
thanks Gale there were all very cool to watch and how the interacted with each other
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Re: Yesss!

Philippe Roger said:
Mike,

They are all wonderful, once again. I think the wolf portrait is just magnificent: what a beautiful animal! But then, I am partial to dogs... :lol:

You said before that you had an opening in the fence to have an unobstructed view. Is this dangerous at all? I mean that Tundra Wolf looks a bit menacing: did you tick him off, with the flash perhaps? Great, great job on the whole series :!: :!:
Thansk I liek the way the wolf portrait came out, is it dangerous? I ould say no but after hearign about the chimp attack I would be a little more cautious but at no time di I feel scared or threatend at all
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
greyflash said:
Simple beautiful images Mike. These are magnificient animals and your rendition of them is excellent. Even though these are in semi-captivity it does not detract at all from the wildness of the animals.
I like the natural setting that this place had which to me made it, I tried not to have any untaural surroundings or shadows in the shot
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
Panos Kazanelis said:
mike mac said:
Got around to posting a few more from this weekend...
Hey Mike... what are you trying to do here :?: Drive us nuts :shock:

These are at least NGS standards photography :!: BRAVOOOO!!! :eek:

I paid a visit to their site and it seems that the will elect you as their president if you "donate" a few of your photos :wink:
thanks for the kind words, the man who runds the site Dan Brown is a avid photgraper and sells a lot of his prints from here.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
2,495
Location
Huntsville, Alabama
That chimp attack was the craziest thing I have ever heard. Another strange part was (Well, to me anyways) the couple was having a birthday party for one of the chimps. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom