Some More "On the Water Shots W/ Capt. Mike

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Reggie, May 26, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken Wednesday with Capt. Mike, the Osprey Man. Jose and I were lucky enough to be invited for a fabulous day on the water near Casey Key, Florida with Capt Mike. A protocol question here, it's still an invitation, if it was me calling Mike and begging him to take us out in his boat, that's still an invite, right? Afterall, he did say "yes". Another protocol matter....does, "well, ...OK" equate to an enthusiastic invitation? Just kidding Mike. Mike issues a standing invitation and is a gracious person. A great time.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice:>)))

3. Hi Gale. Thank you.

4. Real nice set of osprey pics Ron. I love those juvies with the demon red eyes. They are so neat.

I enjoy shooting with you (and the otehrs that visit). I get a kick out of taking you guys out to "my" osprey nests. It's quite a sight to see these birds coming in for a landing...from 15' away. There is always an open invite. I think I was a bit more enthusiastic than " well...O.K. " LOL. I think I said "Sure..that would be great" or was it " uhmm sorry wrong number" *-)

You guys are always welcome back...even if you both wear fancy watches.

Keep 'em coming.

oh yeah... I was telling a little story about the Cpt. license. I don't have any license to operate any motor vehicle. LOL You are a brave man riding with me...very brave. LOL

5. Very Well Done, Ron

6. Well, when I was down there, we only ran into the bushes once! ;) :Clown:

Great shooting, Ron!!

7. Good...you didn't catch the pelican I ran over or the crab trap markers. :wink: If you didn't yell...we just might have hit the pilon the nest was on. :biggrin:

<back to our regularly scheduled post>

8. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Beautiful shots. I love the way the eyes came out in these.

9. Thanks folks for looking and commenting.

10. these are awesome
    maybe too much color boost but still fantastic pix

11. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Don't know what else to say about these except WOW!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You guys are simply disgusting. :eek::biggrin:

Super shots Ron. :smile:

13. I keep on wondering when I see shots like that: Why do I live up here? But then again we have some pretty nice things here too!!! But no Captain Mike!!!

Vey cool Ron, Love the red eyes!!!

14. Gorgeous! I hope I get to see an osprey some day! Keep em comin!

15. Great shots Ron! You sure have that 200~400 dialed-in for handholding. All are extra crisp. Well done as usual my friend.

Best,

Jose