1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Some more rocks

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Binnur, Jun 12, 2018.

1. I played with the colors in this image to give some pop as the original didn't look very special. C&C appreciated as always.

IMG_9116-1.
    Canon EOS 70D    Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm F2.8    15mm    f/11.0    31s    ISO 100

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luis R. Lebron

Luis R. Lebron

Mar 23, 2017
    It's a very interesting landscape. Looks like you have landed on a different planet. I like it.

3. I enjoy both the overall effect and the details. The toning works especially well with the natural colors of the sunlight in the sky. The texture is so nice that I feel as if I'd scratch myself if I touched my monitor. The diagonal lines in the foreground are a nice touch.

4. Looks like something the Mars Rover sent home! Very creative.

5. Thank you Luis. Sometimes I just want to change my route a bit :) 

6. Thanks for your detailed comment Mike. I'm glad that you like the image.

7. Thanks Nick. You made me smile:LOL: 

8. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    I like it

9. Thank you.

10. Otherworldly! (which I consider to be a high compliment!)

Glenn

11. It is nice to hear such a comment from you Glenn, thank you.

12. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Very nice! You chose a very strong composition and the choice of shutter speed gave a nice softness to the water. And the toning choice is perfect, IMHO.

13. Three dimensional quality to this image. Great separation of the subject from the distant background. Works well for me and I agree with Nick this could be the set for a SciFi location on another planet

14. I love the colors, it looks like a different world.

15. Love the post processing. Might consider using more foreground as an alternate framing,--something I am working on in some of my landscapes.

16. billtils

billtils

Apr 3, 2018
    +1 to all the above. Out of interest, would it be possible to see the original?

17. Thank you very much Karen. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for looking and commenting Bob,I'm glad that you like it. May be I was on another planet when editing the image and that's why...;) 

Thanks for your comment and suggestion Judith, I'm glad that you like the PP work. I actually posted the below image which is similar to your suggestion about two weeks ago. Have you seen it?

Critique - Same rocks with different composition

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  18. Thank you very much.

19. Thank you very much . I resized the raw image and converted to JPG with some output sharpening . Here it is, you might find it different ;) 

IMG_9116 - Kopya.JPG
    Canon EOS 70D    Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm F2.8    15mm    f/11.0    31s    ISO 100

20. Even more foreground is something worth trying. See this: Farewell Highlands

It is not for everyone or every circumstance but might be worth a try with your location--

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.