Some more small northern birdies

These were taken yesterday and today in my front yard with the D2H and the 300 f4 and the 1.4 tele and the SB800 flash
Female Cardnial
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Downy Woodpecker
View attachment 4745
Black Eyed Junco
View attachment 4746
Male Cardnial
View attachment 4747

OMG!!

Mike,

Are you going to show us how to do this in FL?? Incredible shots!!

Regards,

Frank

Mike, great stuff. What kind of distance are you shooting from and are these crops? Also, are these all "natural" or have you set perches up around your feeders? One thing I want to do this year is to start shooting more "small" birds, trying not to figure out how :lol: .

Thanks!

PGB

Mike,

These are great. Your picture posts always impress me.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Hi Mike.....

[Thanks
I need to post soemthign other than these little guys but for now it is all tiem allows
Great first shot with the big gun

greyflash said:
Just excellent Mike. I am going to have to break out my flash for the small bird shots in the future. Are you using the Stofen diffuser, the little white card, or just straight on?

Good work,
For the close one s I use the diffuser but for some of the other natural cover I have setup I shoot without it kind of hit and miss

Retief said:
Mike, great stuff. What kind of distance are you shooting from and are these crops? Also, are these all "natural" or have you set perches up around your feeders? One thing I want to do this year is to start shooting more "small" birds, trying not to figure out how :lol: .

Thanks!
Bill
I have three feeders in the yard and have setup some natural perches for them to stop at in there way in and out. Most of these shots are from 10 to 30 feet at the most 45 feet there is some cropping maybe 25 percent or so, even with the cropping the 8x10s are flawless at least to my untrained eyes.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom