Some More Smokey Sunrises

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by seabee1999, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Yesterday as I was driving into work early in the morning, I saw the sunrise shots I was hoping to get earlier last week. This weekend I have off for the 4th of July so I decided to wake up early again and see if the smoke was thin enough to capture the sun rising over the mountains through the hazy smoke. Well it was and I was glad to wake up in time to photograph it. Here is what I saw, nothing truely special; they are more snapshots than anything else. I hope you enjoy.

God Bless,
    David

D1x and 400mm

324761031_LwrHw-M.jpg

324761075_bRZRG-M.jpg

D1x and 200mm

324760994_9BkkC-M.jpg

2. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    very nice i like the last one the best

3. Thanks George. I am glad yo like that one. It is my favorite too. I just wish I could better show what i see when I go out to photograph these sunrises. My photos do no justice to this type of sunrise.

God Bless,
    David

4. I think the last image is very nice, also. Thanks for sharing.

5. nice shots, david
    i really like #3 the most

thanks for sharing these with us

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Nice shots, David. I really like the first one and the last one. But especially the first one and how part of the sun is hidden.

7. You're welcome Tom. I am glad you like the shot.

Thanks Greg. I am happy to share my shots with everyone.

Thank you Francis. That was the shot I was originally going for. Maybe tomorrow I can do a little better. I am thinking on going out again in the morning to retake that shot again.

Thanks you everyone for looking and commenting.

God Bless,
    David

8. One nice thing about being a photographer is that we see beauty in disaster! I don't mean to knock the plight of those affected, but smoke sure has a way of making for interesting and rewarding photography.
    Nice shots.