1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some More Smokey Sunrises

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by seabee1999, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Yesterday as I was driving into work early in the morning, I saw the sunrise shots I was hoping to get earlier last week. This weekend I have off for the 4th of July so I decided to wake up early again and see if the smoke was thin enough to capture the sun rising over the mountains through the hazy smoke. Well it was and I was glad to wake up in time to photograph it. Here is what I saw, nothing truely special; they are more snapshots than anything else. I hope you enjoy.

God Bless,
    David

D1x and 400mm

324761031_LwrHw-M.

324761075_bRZRG-M.

D1x and 200mm

324760994_9BkkC-M.

2. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    very nice i like the last one the best

3. Thanks George. I am glad yo like that one. It is my favorite too. I just wish I could better show what i see when I go out to photograph these sunrises. My photos do no justice to this type of sunrise.

God Bless,
    David

4. I think the last image is very nice, also. Thanks for sharing.

5. nice shots, david
    i really like #3 the most

thanks for sharing these with us

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Nice shots, David. I really like the first one and the last one. But especially the first one and how part of the sun is hidden.

7. You're welcome Tom. I am glad you like the shot.

Thanks Greg. I am happy to share my shots with everyone.

Thank you Francis. That was the shot I was originally going for. Maybe tomorrow I can do a little better. I am thinking on going out again in the morning to retake that shot again.

Thanks you everyone for looking and commenting.

God Bless,
    David

8. One nice thing about being a photographer is that we see beauty in disaster! I don't mean to knock the plight of those affected, but smoke sure has a way of making for interesting and rewarding photography.
    Nice shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.