Some more tiny birdies

First day I have been feeling well in over a week so I manged to grab these on my front porch. All taken with the D2h and the Nikon 300 f4 with Nikon 1.4
Female Sparrow....I beleive
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Goldfinch
View attachment 6512
Courting Mockingbirds.. I know I cut off there tails but could not it them both in the frame
View attachment 6513
Sparrow
View attachment 6514

Sorry to hear you are under the weather Mike :>))

Had that myself. eckkkk.. Feeling pretty good now though.

Nice little birdies.

I shot a little tiny bird at Vieraville while i was focusing on a snowey, it just got in my field of view so changed and shot it, but don't know what it is.

I will post it and maybe we can figure out what it is. Also have a little duck I don't know what it is. Guess I will just post both and see what we have.

Great shots as usual.

Thank you for sharing.

Hope you feel all better real soon

cheers
gale

G

Gordon Large

Mike -

Great captures, as usual! Sorry to hear you were sick. I think you might have gotted better quicker if you had just gone out on your porch sooner and watched and shot these little guys. What a great setup you have! I'm jealous.

Hope you are 100% soon.

Cheers,
Gordon

Mike,

Excellent (again....;-)). I keep waiting for this to get old, but so far, there are no signs. 8) I was driving home today, and saw a beautiful Redtail flying along beside me. I immediately started looking for a place to pull over, when I realized that I was in the middle of rush-hour traffic, and that I was going to get run over.... :lol:

Thanks for the inspiration. :p

Frank

Mike, hope you're feeling better.

Love the Goldfinch image - looks like it's coyly looking over its shoulder at you with a come-hither look. ;)

Neil

Hey Mike....

beautiful series!!! I havent taken a pic in the past month, how pathetic, and too boot, we just got over a foot of snow and it is still coming down like a damn :cry: I am bursting at the seems awaiting spring, time to start heating my igloo up here.....

greyflash said:
Well Mike you might be under the weather but you haven't lost your touch. Excellent images.
thanks Gordon looking to get back to a 100 percent and some decent weather to roll in for some more shots, looks like the next 4 days are a wash will have to find some indoor shooting spots

Gale said:
Sorry to hear you are under the weather Mike :>))

Had that myself. eckkkk.. Feeling pretty good now though.

Nice little birdies.

I shot a little tiny bird at Vieraville while i was focusing on a snowey, it just got in my field of view so changed and shot it, but don't know what it is.

I will post it and maybe we can figure out what it is. Also have a little duck I don't know what it is. Guess I will just post both and see what we have.

Great shots as usual.

Thank you for sharing.

Hope you feel all better real soon

cheers
gale
Thanks Gale had a bad case of bronchitis early pneumonia and a stomach virus.. on the road to recovery now though thanks for the kind words.

Gordon Large said:
Mike -

Great captures, as usual! Sorry to hear you were sick. I think you might have gotted better quicker if you had just gone out on your porch sooner and watched and shot these little guys. What a great setup you have! I'm jealous.

Hope you are 100% soon.

Cheers,
Gordon
Gordon
thanks was flat on my back for 5 days or so... I am hopign the waremr weather brigns in some new species soon.

Flew said:
Mike,

Excellent (again....;-)). I keep waiting for this to get old, but so far, there are no signs. 8) I was driving home today, and saw a beautiful Redtail flying along beside me. I immediately started looking for a place to pull over, when I realized that I was in the middle of rush-hour traffic, and that I was going to get run over.... :lol:

Thanks for the inspiration. :p

Frank
thansk Frank
I almost drove off a back country road the other day watch a kestral fly to see where it was headed I have to stop that stuff

NeilCam said:
Mike, hope you're feeling better.

Love the Goldfinch image - looks like it's coyly looking over its shoulder at you with a come-hither look. ;)

Neil
Yes I think she was interested in me!!! I had my goldfich camo on at the time!

Re: Hey Mike....

Keith R. said:
beautiful series!!! I havent taken a pic in the past month, how pathetic, and too boot, we just got over a foot of snow and it is still coming down like a damn :cry: I am bursting at the seems awaiting spring, time to start heating my igloo up here.....
WOw that stinks, weather here is terrible too, have the weekend to myslef and it is supposed to rain all weekend.

Those are awesome, Mike!

Damn, my 28-70 hasn't been delivered yet, and youve already got me lusting for a 300/4 :?.

Do me a favor and quit posting any more pictures.

C

Canyonlu

These are beauties, Mike. Not bad for a recovering sickie. Love the pose in #1, and the pine as a perch in the last, especially.

Latest threads

Top Bottom