Some more tulip buds

They're really opening up now.

Stack2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stack2.jpg

Stack1.jpg

These are all manually-focused focus stacks.

Here's the whole batch:

_JZ65296.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wow! Beautiful colors and nice and sharp! My only quibble is in #2 I wish the composition had a little less on the left and a bit more on the right. The bright OOF bult on the left pulls the eye away from the main subject while the bulb on the right is cut off. And yet, that is my favorite image of the three.

Wow! Beautiful colors and nice and sharp! My only quibble is in #2 I wish the composition had a little less on the left and a bit more on the right. The bright OOF bult on the left pulls the eye away from the main subject while the bulb on the right is cut off. And yet, that is my favorite image of the three.

Thanks, Karen. That photo has already been cropped a bit, and I argued with myself about cropping more. I think I agree with you.

Did you use the settings you recommended in my focus stacking thread yesterday?

No. I have a serious gap in my Z-camera outfit: no autofocus macro lens for full-frame cameras. So those were all done using manual focus with my old 70-180 AF-D micro. It's a very sharp lens, and I like the flexibility of the zoom, but it won't autofocus on the Z6.

I've been tempted to pick up a 105/2.8 like you have, but I'm holding off for a native Z macro which is in the pipeline.

No. I have a serious gap in my Z-camera outfit: no autofocus macro lens for full-frame cameras. So those were all done using manual focus with my old 70-180 AF-D micro. It's a very sharp lens, and I like the flexibility of the zoom, but it won't autofocus on the Z6.

I've been tempted to pick up a 105/2.8 like you have, but I'm holding off for a native Z macro which is in the pipeline.
I think you are smart. I like my 105 f2.8, but it doesn't wow me like the z lenses do.

These tulips have finally opened completely, and the color is a surprise after seeing the buds.

14-image stack, Z6 Focus-shift, step size 3

Stack1.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom