Some news from me ... :-)

Discussion in 'People' started by Boobie Joe, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Haven't been around much lately and most of the shots I do I can't post.

I figured I could still post some family shots done with various lenses some with fill flash, some with available light.

Arianne can now count on some new friends (my GF kids) and I can count on a new GF as well ...

Not extraordinary shots by any standards, I just wanted to say hi ...

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

This one taken by Benoit G. my really great friend ...

original.

The infernal Trio ...
    original.

The girls looking crazy ...

original.

original.

original.

Have a gret day ...
    Fall is around snap snap snap ...

:Wink:

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Yves :

Good for you ! It's fantastic that you and your daughter have "new family". Every happiness to all of you.

And as for not being able to show some photographs, I'd say 95%-plus of my photography never sees any forum or publication. I shot a specific valving arrangement a bit back - wonderful colour and light, great angle, dead-on composition - and it's buried in one of my reports. Shot another high pressure reactor system from a fascinating angle above, and perfect light. Not released. Proprietary, trade secrets, etc.

But those shots do pay for a lot of bills... even if the photography is purely used as documentation of the work I do. I can still manage to use the camera in a positive and productive manner. :rolleyes:

Again, great news, and good fortune to you with the change in your life. :biggrin:

John P.

4. Yves, nice to hear from you. Through your words and pictures I see that you are SMILING :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Good on you, my friend...I look forward to see you again soon.

5. Yves, I'm happy for you in your new relationship. Love the image of the two of you together. Arianne is growing up for sure. Nice images.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  6. Awesome and I mean on your new family congrats, dont be a stanger my friend.
    BTW excellent pictures as always

7. Yves, your pictures say it all. What a wonderful series to show us your new family and life. I found your photos compeling and full of fun and adventure.

These are my favorites.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. I also enjoyed the photo of you and your new GF and her with the girls.

original.
    original.
    original.

8. Hi Yves,

I've seen and admired your work on "the other forum". Good to see you here. Cute kids as always.

Paul

9. Nice to hear from you again Yves! And congratulations to the new family, I'm in a similar situation since 2 years back but my new family won't let me take pictures of them :) as soon as the big camera comes out they dissapear :)

Love the one of the playful Arianne, great light!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  10. Now you've done it. You're surrounded by three beautiful women. Life will never be simple again :wink:.

11. A hearty congratulations on your new love(s)! A very nice looking family - wishing you many blessings!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonerful images and folks you have there Yves :>))))))

Wishing much happiness ...

13. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Yves...

A) Totally thrilled that you've found a new ove...I can only hope that you and the new GF are as happy as my wife and I have now been for 22 years together.

B) You guys must have incredibly clearer air up there in CA...these images are simply crystally stunning!

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Maybe you could link to a couple... :wink,smile,nudge:

It's good to see you Yves, and the girls too! Looks like the kids get on well. And the girlfriend is a hottie! Whoo hoo - good for you!

15. Life is looking up Yves! Honest, I had not seen this post when I sent you an email earlier today.

16. Hi Rory, I believe you

This means that you have psychic powers ... Scary ... :)

17. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Guest

Nice work

One thing I have noticed is a lot of posted pictures aren't really dead on with exposure. I don't know if you shoot digital but I don't think eveybody knows how little leeway you have in getting the exposure right. You can see it in the blown out highlights or washed out look. The thing I noticed about your shots right away was the beautiful saturation of the colors and the balance of shadows to highlights. When they are exposed right they have that pop and yours sure do. Nice work.

18. Given the very shallow Dynamic Range, exposure becomes a sacrifice on either the low lights or the highlights. In the shots I posted, you can see some blown areas as well but I did not mind them as they were part of what I saw on the scene as well.

Thx for looking at the pics and for your comment.

19. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Congrats Yves, have a wonderfull live the four of you

20. We are actually 5 but the 14 YO son was playing golf that day ...

I'll get him next time.