Some night shots !!

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Benoit G., Dec 22, 2005.

1. Hi guys !!

Here are some night shots from last weeks. They are from Place Royale in Quebec City with the Château Frontenac on the first one. Taken with my new Sigma 10-20mm lens.
    Comments are welcome.
    Merry Christmas to all!!:smile: :smile:
    Regards.
    Benoit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful shots, Benoit. Perfect exposure.

3. Nice work Benoit especially the one where no cars were in the picture. You shot that one right.

4. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Nice shots! These make me wish I lived closer to Quebec City...wonderful to visit, and I hope to return this coming summer.
    Merry Christmas!
    Robert

5. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful shots... I really like the first one... the second is great too, but there's something particularly appealing about the first... thanks for sharing them with us!

6. I like them both, the problem i have with shooting at night is trying to figure out which K temperature to use, i see that you use different temperature for each picture. What guide you in those choice?

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Nice pictures - I like both of them. Didn't know you got chateaus in the New World. Must visit Quebec one time.

8. Excellent pictures Benoit, I like them both.

9. Great shots.

I was gonna say I like the second and I do! However, on second look I am leaning towards the first shot. I like it because the building in the back left I think adds to the picture and I guess gives it some depth. Your exposure is awesome. I see you were using a custom curve. Is that your own custom curve?

10. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice shots!Exposure is spot on.Very well taken.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OHHHHHHh those images are Sooooooooooo Pretty.

Great job.....

12. To Phil, Catz, Robert, Peter, Gilles, Heiko, Ron, Mark, Rathika and Gale....

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

Happy Holidays !!
    Benoit

13. White Balance

Thanks Gilles for the comments !!

For tghe WB, for those shots it was really set by trials and errors. I shot the second one first and Incandescent +3 gave me nice result on the LCD. After when I shot the first one (the one with the Chateau), the same WB gave way too much blue so I warm it up the temperature by changing to Incandescent -3.

Thanks
    Ben

14. Hi Mark, thanks for the comments.

For those shots (both of them) , I used the Komin'curve that can be found here :
    http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~komin/curve/D70/d70download.htm

However, now I'm using my own curve. I like the Komin pretty much but I wanted a bit more contrast than the Komin gives so I designed my own one.

Regards.
    Benoit

15. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    These are beautiful. I now have this lens in my kit. I just hope I can get pictures half this good with it.

THanks for sharing Benoit, and BTW where is our buddy Yves been?

Regards,

16. Very nice image Benoit. Lovely shots indeed.

17. Patrick, thank you for the comments. You will like this lens, quality and focal lenthh is worth the price.

For Yves, I talked to him yesterday. He is pretty busy during this time and he doesn't have so much time to come on forums. Also, it looks like his new girlfriend keeps him away of his computer too...LOL :biggrin: :biggrin:

18. Gordon, thanks for the comments.

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding captures...I have virtually no experience shooting night time exposures with digital. I'm going to have to give it a whirl. These are beautiful images and they motiviate me to try some real soon. Nice shooting, Benoit.

20. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very pretty shots Benoit.