Some *non* macro flower shots....;-)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Flew, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I went out shooting with Brandon (Bubba) at lunch today, and we angled over to a really pretty dogwood tree. While Brandon shot with the D70 / 70-200VR + 500D, I shot with the D2H / 300mm 2.8 + 1.4 TC. I haven't seen his shots yet, but I was very impressed at how well the 300mm did from about 10 feet away from the dogwood blossoms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad for a long telephoto.... :lol:

Regards,

Frank

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are great shots....I really like the one w/the TINY fly in it!
    Hmmm....maybe Patrick's gonna have to hand his D2H over to me after all so i can get some shots like that...not that I would even dare to say I could be as good as you. but with the right equipment, I sure could try! :)

3. Nice work, Frank! Interesting choice of equipment, but your long lens has brought out an amazing amount of detail and depth of field in these lovely dogwood blossoms!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

I have no doubt that you could blow me away. 8) I'm really a pretty below-average photog. I get decent results every now and then from sheer persistence. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

5. Nice images Frank and your little fly just caps it off.

6. Very impressive shots Frank!! :) :) :)

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Nice looking flower and it's great to see just how versatile that 300mm can be.

8. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Really nice, Frank. I'm still amazed at what that 300 will do.

I'm going to *try* and get a couple I shot yesterday with the D70 processed and posted this weekend.

9. So, not only Gale is using a tele lens for macros :lol:
    They look nice indeed.
    I just wonder (since this tree doesn't occur here), are those flowers white or is this the real color, and just a result of trying to control the highlights?

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

Probably missed the WB a little. The blooms are pretty white in the real world.

Thanks for the feedback.

Frank