Some of my favorites..

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Jarrell, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I did these over a period of 3 or 4 years and to be honest can't remember what I used to do some of them. I rarely like a picture right out of the camera so trying this or that is up my alley.
    I do remember this first one, of a mother cow taking her newborn calf out to the pasture with the rest of the herd, was done with the Hayes Island Effect..
    Some burning in and/or lightening was done here and there also.
    This one of my grand daughter is a composite of 3 different photos, her, the moth and the background scene..
    The boy resting his horses is a mixture of the, what is the name of it... Painter.. I believe.. PS plugin, copied and pasted over the original..
    and lastly, railroad workers. For the life of me I can't remember exactly what I did. I really have to start writing things down more.. :smile:
    Jarrell

2. Very neat images all Jarrell. Well done with the image and the post processing. Really like the last one.

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Jarrell

Pure class, each and every one.

The processing is imo picture perfect.

There is however just one thing wrong with these.................

I wish they were mine!!:wink:

Very best wishes.....

All the best

Ray

ps..you have really inspired me to try Hayes Island Effect again...I tried it before but without success

4. You have so many wonderful pictures in your gallery that it must be hard to choose favorites, Jarrell.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These images are just beautiful, Jarrell. I just sit and stare at how each image is so wonderfully unique...and how I need to learn how to do some of these techniques to my images someday. Thanks for sharing this series.

6. I remember seeing a couple of these elsewhere, and love 'em all. I'm in the same boat when I look back at earlier efforts and can't remember exactly what was used or how the effect was done. Maybe it's related to the color of our hair :BlueHair: :confused:
    Oh, believe the boy and horses was done with Virtual Painter - it IS a plug-in for Photoshop CS.

7. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Gordon, I like the last one too and I wish I could remember how I did it. Getting old is tough! :biggrin:
    Jarrell

8. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thanks Ray! I know what you mean about the HIE, sometimes it does just GREAT and other times ho hum and a big yawn. I think you have to have jusssst the right image.
    Jarrell

9. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    And you know what, Uncle Frank? I seemed to have been much more prolific when I was using the 990 and the 5700. Now, what is THAT all about? Sometimes I miss my 5700.
    Jarrell

10. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Thank you sir, I really enjoy doing them!
    Jarrell

11. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    That's it!! Virtual Painter!! Thanks Diane.. :biggrin: For me one problem is, I try an action that some kind soul has made for us and I like it, but then something else in the way of retouching comes along and I try it, and again, and another.. and pretty soon I can't remember what the heck I did!
    Jarrell

12. Beautiful....love 'em all...:smile: ...favorite, maybe #1

13. Exactly! LOL! :biggrin: